The University offers the following facilities for rent. Contact the Director, Bob Carpenter Center at 302.831.3666 or e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org to inquire about availability and rates.
Delaware Field House (Astroturf):
· Built in 1965 and recently renovated in summer 2013 to a state of the art indoor artificial football field which can be used for multiple activities. Dimensions are approximately 295’x178’. Seating in the venue for 1,000; restrooms and lobby area available in the building. Ample parking on site.
Tennis Courts (Hard Court):
· Re-surfaced in 2010 - 6 courts all fenced in – 3 on one side and 3 on another side; bleacher seating for 500, small parking lot on site. Restrooms located in the Delaware Field House.
2 FieldTurf Football Fields:
· Standard football field which can be used for different activities other than football. Fields are side-by-side. Parking is located nearby.
Bob Hannah Stadium (AstroTurf):
· Brand new AstroTurf field to be installed this fall (2013) and ready for use for the 2014 UD Baseball Season. Rentals available during the off season. Bleacher seating for 1,500; new scoreboard; press box; batting cages; and ample parking.
Soccer/Track Stadium (Natural Grass):
· Brand new track installed in summer 2013 – 6 lane track and full sized field soccer field on the inside. It’s a natural Bermuda grass surface – installed in 2011. Bleacher seating on site for 1,000 spectators and ample parking near the site.
Delaware Stadium (FieldTurf):
· Field Turf field is 4 years old. Full size field for football and lacrosse. Can be used for multiple uses. Seating for 21,000; concession stands, restrooms, and ample parking near the venue.
Delaware Softball Diamond (Natural Grass):
· Recently renovated in 2010 with a new press box, extended dugouts, batting cages, and seating for 500. Field is natural grass. Parking near the facility.
Rullo Stadium (Astroturf12):
· Home to UD field hockey but the artificial surface (installed in 2009) can be used for different activities. Seating for 2,000; press box; brand new scoreboard; complete watering system for field hockey and parking is nearby.
Located behind the Gold Arena, the Outdoor Pool is the largest in the state. Since it is a fifty meter pool equipped with pool slides, there is always plenty of room on the hottest of summer days. The pool is heated (the temperature is kept at a constant comfortable 80 degrees) so you can start swimming early in the season and not have to worry about those chilly days! There are also designated hours for lap swimming every day.
· Over 300 chaise lounge and sand chairs on the pool deck.
· Over 10 picnic tables and chairs on the pool deck and three 15ft awnings.
· Grass picnic area, which includes over 10 picnic tables and large 30ft tent to provide shade.
· Five Funbrellas which provide shade for those hot days.
· Tube slides and SPLASH POOL, with an additional three funbrellas just for the splash pool area.
Affordable rates make renting the Ice Arena a great way to have fun! The University of Delaware Ice Arenas are available to rent throughout the year. They are a great place for birthday parties, church and school organizations or pick-up hockey.
Rental rates include use of locker rooms, stereo system and tables if requested. Skate rentals are also available upon request for an additional $3 per pair. (Skate rentals are not available for hockey groups.)
Contact the Assistant Director, Ice Arena/Outdoor Pool at 302.831.6038 or e-mail at email@example.com to inquire about availability and rates for the outdoor pool and firstname.lastname@example.org for availability and rates for the ice arenas.