The Compliance Corner
Are you a Representative of the University of Delaware’s Athletics Interests?
The NCAA considers you to be a representative of athletics interests if:
- You have ever contributed to the Athletics Department or the Blue Hen Club;
- You have ever been a member of the Blue Hen Basketball Club or Blue Hen Touchdown Club or any of the “friends” groups which support specific athletic teams;
- You have even helped to arrange employment of enrolled student-athletes during the summer or semester break;
- You have ever promoted the athletics program at the University of Delaware;
- You are or have ever been a season ticket holder;
- You are the parent(s) or legal guardian(s) of an enrolled student-athlete; or
- You have even been involved with the University of Delaware Athletics program.
According to NCAA rules, once an individual has been identified as an institutional representative of athletics interests, the individual retains that title for life!
It is our duty and obligation to educate all of our boosters about the NCAA rules. It is also our responsibility to make you aware of the consequences of violating these rules. The University of Delaware is ultimately responsible for the acts of our boosters. Boosters found in violation of NCAA rules are subject to losing benefits and privileges.
To help you better understand the NCAA rules for boosters, we have created the UD Booster Handbook. To receive a copy, or to ask any questions, please contact the Compliance Office:
University of Delaware
ASK BEFORE YOU ACT!
Delaware Field House
Newark, DE 19716
Phone: (302) 831-2840