Andrews and Lawton Team Up For First Doubles Victory As Blue Hens Finish Penn Invitational
PHILADELPHIA, Pa. – For the first time in three seasons as teammates, senior Adam Lawton (Estepona, Spain) and junior Evan Andrews (York, Pa.) paired up for a doubles match as the University of Delaware men’s tennis team took on Binghamton University on the final day of the Penn Invitational.
Lawton and Andrews defeated Ruben Haggai and Frenk Kote, 6-3, in first flight action.
The lone other victory of the day for the Blue Hens came from who earned a 6-3, 1-6, 10-4 win over Lee.
· Adam Lawton and Evan Andrews paired up for their first career doubles victory.
· Lawton is 48-21 all-time in doubles action at Delaware, good for seventh in UD history.
· Andrews holds an all-time mark of 28-27 in doubles play.
· Roy Cheng earned his fifth career win and currently holds an all-time record of 5-2.
· Oct. 5-6 – Delaware at Lehigh Tournament, Bethlehem, Pa.
· Oct. 17-22 – USTA/ITA Atlantic Regional at University of Virginia, Charlottesville, Va.
· Fall season complete.
No team scoring
1. Adam Lawton/Evan Andrews (UD) def. Ruben Haggai/Frenk Kote (BU), 6-3
2. Vihar Shah/Douglas Notaris (BU) def. Troy Beneck/Zack Niklaus (UD), 6-3
3. Justin Fields/Alex Sacher (BU) def. Alex Sweet/Tim Puterio (UD), 6-2
4. Tyler Flematti/Roy Cheng (UD) def. Harry Lee/Janik Burri (BU), 6-5 (10)
1. Haggai (BU) def. Lawton (UD), 6-1, 1-6, 6-2
2. Kote (BU) def. Beneck (UD), 6-5 (6), 6-5 (4)
3. Shah (BU) def. Mike Furr (UD), 2-6, 6-5 (6), 6-4
4. Fields (BU) def. Niklaus (UD), 6-1, 6-2
5. Sacher (BU) def. Flematti (UD), 4-6, 6-2, 6-3
6. Notaris (BU) def. Puterio (UD), 6-4, 6-2
7. Burri (BU) def. Sweet (UD), 6-0, 6-2
8. Cheng (UD) def. Lee (BU), 6-3, 1-6, 10-4