Blue Hens Look For Third Consecutive Victory Friday at Big East Opponent Villanova
Delaware (2-2, 0-0 CAA) at Villanova (3-0, 0-0 Big East)
Date: Friday, November 22, 2013
Time: 7 p.m.
Location: The Pavilion - Villanova, Pa.
Live Stats: www.villanova.com
TV: Fox Sports 1 (Scott Graham, Ron Thompson)
Radio: WDSD 94.7 FM (Scott Klatzkin, Matt Janus); WVUD 91.3 FM (Chris Brown, Devin Deloach)
All-Time Series: Villanova leads, 11-0
Delaware: Monté Ross (Winston-Salem State ‘92), eighth season overall and at Delaware, 92-133
Villanova: Jay Wright (Bucknell ‘83), 20th season overall, 382-229; 13th season at Villanova, 260-144
• Following road victories at Hampton and Army, Delaware is looking for its third consecutive win tonight at Villanova.
• Dating back to the end of last season, Delaware has won six of its last eight road contests.
• Villanova has won all previous 11 meetings with Delaware, including victories in each of the past four seasons. The Wildcats are 9-0 against the Blue Hens in Villanova and 1-0 in Newark, while the 2010 contest was played at the Wells Fargo Center in Philadelphia.
• Delaware is averaging 85.2 points per game, which leads the CAA and ranks 48th in Division I. The Blue Hens’ average is the program’s highest through four games since the 1998-99 squad averaged 86.0 points through four games.
• Jarvis Threatt has scored 48 points during the last two games, and has dished out a career-high eight assists in both contests. His 3.3 steals per game and 6.0 assists per game both lead the CAA.
• Delaware put all five starters in double figures during the victory at Army, the first time that had occurred since a 75-64 win at William & Mary on Jan. 7, 2012.
• Carl Baptiste reached double figures for the third consecutive game by scoring 14 points against the Black Knights, while fellow forward Marvin King-Davis set career-highs with 13 points and a team-best nine rebounds. King-Davis also blocked three Army shots, and leads the CAA with 2.5 blocks per contest.