NEW YORK -- Blue Hen junior guard Jarvis Threatt scored nine of the Blue Hens’ 13 points in overtime as the University of Delaware men’s basketball team held off Bryant, 108-107, in a BlackRock Gotham Classic thriller Saturday night at Madison Square Garden.

Threatt finished with a season-high 29 points, hit 10 free throws and dished out four steals while playing all 45 minutes for the Blue Hens, who snapped a three-game losing skid and improved to 6-6 on the year. Davon Usher added 25 points, eight rebounds and four steals in 44 minutes on the floor, while Devon Saddler was the third Blue Hen over 20 points as he poured in 23 including a 4 of 4 performance from behind the arc.

Marvin King-Davis enjoyed the best night of his career as he posted career-highs of 18 points and 10 rebounds, going a perfect 8 of 8 from the field and knocking down both of his free throw attempts. Carl Baptiste was the fifth player in double figures with 10 points for Delaware, which surpassed the century mark for the first time since a 110-66 win over Northeastern on Mar. 4, 2001.

Bryant, which dropped to 7-6 on the season, was led by Dyami Starks who scored 35 points and buried 8 of 9 three-point attempts. Alex Francis contributed 32 points for the Bulldogs, while Corey Maynard added 14 and Dan Garvin had 10.

Bryant shot 56.9 percent from the field including 11 of 18 from three-point range, while Delaware was nearly as impressive by shooting 49.4 percent for the night.

“We have a lot of work to do on the defensive end, but we found a way to win the game,” said eighth-year Blue Hen head coach Monté Ross. “We were down late in regulation, but I’m really happy we found a way to pull out the victory. Everybody stepped up big tonight, and we needed all of their contributions. Marvin (King-Davis) had the best game of his career tonight and his double-double was huge for us.”

The teams went to the extra session tied at 95-95, and after Delaware led by four in overtime following a Threatt jumper, Francis scored twice to pull Bryant even at 101-101 with 1:19 remaining. However Threatt then drained two free throws, and after a Starks miss, Threatt buried another pair from the stripe. Usher then came up with a steal, and after getting fouled, he hit a pair to put Delaware up 107-101 with :19.4 to go.

After Starks hit a three-pointer Threatt hit one of two from the line to put the game away, before another Starks triple just before the buzzer accounted for the final points.

The Blue Hens trailed 14-9 early on before a quick seven-point run put Delaware on top for the first time, while a baseline jumper by Threatt increased UD’s lead to 26-21 and forced a Bryant time out with 9:40 left in the first half.

Bryant scored 11 of the final 13 points of the first half to take a 43-40 halftime lead, and the Bulldogs went up as much as eight in the second period before a 7-0 Delaware run made it a 57-56 game with 14:56 remaining. 

The Blue Hens finally pulled even at 69-69 on a Kyle Anderson tip-in at the 10:04 mark, and Delaware went back in front 74-73 when Usher canned a free throw with 8:27 to play.

The game went back and forth until the teams were knotted at 82-82, while Saddler drained a three-pointer to put the Blue Hens up three with 4:50 on the clock. The Bulldogs answered with four straight points to go back ahead, but Usher knocked down three free throws as UD went back up a pair with 3:34 left.

Bryant scored five straight points, before Usher hit two from the line and King-Davis scored on a putback to give the Blue Hens a 92-91 edge at the 1:18 mark. After two Bulldogs free throws, Usher followed his own miss with :46.9 left and Anderson added one from the line to put Delaware up a pair. However Francis scored inside with :0.8 left, sending the game to overtime.

Delaware will take a nine-day holiday break before traveling to Saint Bonaventure on Dec. 30 for a 5 p.m. tipoff in Olean, N.Y.