Blue Hens Renew Rivalry With Drexel During MLK Day Clash On Monday
Delaware (12-7, 4-0 CAA) at Drexel (10-7, 2-2 CAA)
Date: Monday, January 20, 2014
Time: 7 p.m.
Location: Daskalakis Center - Philadelphia, Pa.
Live Video/Stats: www.drexeldragons.com (regional blackout restrictions apply)
TV: NBC Sports Network (Mike Corey, Ron Thompson)
Radio: WDSD 94.7 FM (Scott Klatzkin, Bill Harman), WVUD 91.3 FM
Twitter Updates: twitter.com/udbluehens
All-Time Series: Delaware leads, 76-72
Delaware: Monté Ross (Winston-Salem State ‘92), eighth season overall and at Delaware, 102-138
Drexel: James "Bruiser" Flint (Saint Joseph's '87), 13th season at Drexel, 222-166; 18th season overall, 308-238
• Delaware renews its longtime rivalry with Drexel on Monday in Philadelphia. The Blue Hens lead the all-time series with the Dragons, 76-72, while the 148 meetings are the most for Delaware against any opponent.
• The Blue Hens took both meetings last year, but Drexel is 10-2 against Delaware at the Daskalakis Center in CAA play.
• Delaware has won six consecutive games, the program’s longest since a nine-game run from Feb. 1 - Mar. 2, 2012. The Blue Hens are also looking to start 5-0 in CAA play for just the second time, along with the 2007-08 squad.
• Delaware has won both of its CAA road games this season at James Madison and Northeastern, and is 13-2 in its last 15 conference road contests.
• The Blue Hens have trailed at the half during all four CAA games this season, but have come back to win each time.
• Delaware is coming off a 74-70 victory over Northeastern Saturday in Boston. Devon Saddler scored a game-high 22 points and surpassed the 20-point mark for the fifth straight game.
• Carl Baptiste scored a career-best 19 points and was a perfect 9 of 9 from the field. Baptiste also tied his season-best with 11 boards, and posted his third double-double of the year.
• Delaware leads the CAA with a 71.3 free throw percentage, while Drexel ranks second at 68.9 percent.