Delaware (13-7, 5-0 CAA) vs. Towson (12-7, 3-1 CAA)
Date: Saturday, January 25, 2014
Time: 12 noon
Location: Bob Carpenter Center - Newark, Del.
Live Stats: www.bluehens.com
TV: Comcast SportsNet, Comcast Network (Al Koken, John Feinstein, Evan Washburn)
Radio: WDSD 94.7 FM (Scott Klatzkin, Bill Harman), WVUD 91.3 FM
Twitter Updates: twitter.com/udbluehens
All-Time Series: Delaware leads, 41-29
Delaware: Monté Ross (Winston-Salem State ‘92), eighth season overall and at Delaware, 103-138
Towson: Pat Skerry (Tufts '92), third season at Towson, 31-51; fifth season overall, 55-76
• Delaware enters Saturday’s contest looking for its eighth consecutive win overall and its sixth straight home victory.
• A win over the Tigers would give the Blue Hens just their third start of 6-0 or better in conference play in school history, and the first since the 1991-92 team went a perfect 14-0 in the North Atlantic Conference.
• The Blue Hens’ 13-7 record is the program’s best through 20 games since the 1999-2000 squad began the season with a 15-5 mark.
• Delaware leads the all-time series with Towson, 41-29, but the Tigers swept the season series last year. The teams have split 12 meetings in the Bob Carpenter Center since they both joined the CAA prior to the 2001-02 season.
• The UD coaching staff will be wearing sneakers on the sideline to participate in the 2014 Coaches vs. Cancer Suits and Sneakers Awareness Weekend.
• Delaware improved to 3-0 in league road games with a 90-77 victory over Drexel Monday night at the Daskalakis Center. Devon Saddler led five Blue Hens in double figures with 23 points.
• Saddler surpassed the 20-point mark for the sixth consecutive game, one shy of the school record. He has scored 1,953 career points, and needs 78 more to break the school record of 2,030 held by Mike Pegues.
• Davon Usher missed the last seven minutes of the contest with a groin injury but is expected to play vs. the Tigers.