Blue Hens Renew Rivalry Sunday as Delaware Travels to Towson
Delaware (12-6, 4-3 CAA) at Towson (9-10, 3-3 CAA)
DATE: Sunday, February 2, 2014
TIME: 2 p.m.
LOCATION: SECU Arena - Towson, Md.
Sunday's game will be broadcast online via the Towson Sports Network.
All Delaware women’s basketball games this season can be heard on the radio at 1290 The Ticket or 1410 WDOV. Matt Janus has the call for the Hens while Christine Motta serves as a color analyst. Fans can also hear the broadcast online at http://www.iheart.com/live/1290-The-Ticket-473/ and on smart devices via the iHeart app.
Live stats will be available via www.TowsonTigers.com.
· Delaware travels to Towson for its eighth CAA contest of the season.
· The Blue Hens will play their first game at SECU Arena.
· UD is 11-5 all-time on Super Bowl Sunday.
· For more game notes, please click here.
· Sunday's game renews one of the longest rivalries in UD history as the Blue Hens take on the Tigers in the 66th all-time matchup dating to the 1973-74 season.
· Delaware leads Towson all-time, 46-20, and have won six straight since 2010.
· Towson's last win was a 56-45 victory on Feb. 28, 2010 in Towson.
· UD head coach Tina Martin is in her 18th season with Delaware and currently holds a 353-187 (.654) all-time record.
· Martin is 23-11 against Towson during her tenure.
· Martin has garnered three conference Coach of the Year awards and led the Hens to 10 post-season appearances.
· Niki Reid Geckeler is in her first season as the head coach of the Tigers. She holds an all-time head coaching career record of 94-85 as she previously served five seasons at Howard University.
· Reid Geckeler has never faced the Blue Hens.