Delaware Opens Three-Game Homestand With La Salle Wednesday
Delaware (1-3, 0-0 CAA) vs. La Salle (3-1, 0-0 Atlantic 10)
DATE: Wednesday, March 5, 2014
TIME: 6 p.m.
LOCATION: Delaware Stadium - Newark, Del.
Live stats for Wednesday's game will be available via www.BlueHens.com.
All Delaware women's lacrosse home games will be live streamed, for free, via Hens All-Access at www.BlueHens.com.
CAA FOOD DRIVE
Fans can take part in the second annual CAA Food Drive Challenge by bringing non-perishable food items to Wednesday’s game. In addition to accepting on-site donations, fans can also donate online at www.YouGiveGoods.com by selecting specific items that they would like to give. Food drives will be taking place on all nine CAA campuses and a winner will be determined based on the number of pounds of non-perishable food collected by each institution. Delaware’s event is being coordinated by the UD Student-Athlete Advisory Council (SAAC) will all food collected benefitting the Food Bank of Delaware.
Follow Delaware women's lacrosse online at facebook.com/DelawareWomensLacrosse and on Twitter at @DelawareWLax.
· The Blue Hens have dropped two straight contests with their lone win coming with an 11-6 victory over Lafayette on Feb. 19 at Delaware Stadium.
· Junior Caitlin McCartney has tallied at least one point in 33 consecutive games.
· Senior Chelsea Fay has scored at least one goal in 30 straight contests.
· Fay will see a familiar face Wednesday, as her younger sister, Katelyn, is a starting attacker for the Explorers.
· McCartney leads the team with 10 points and nine goals while Fay and sophomore Kara Dattellas have each posted nine points on seven goals and two assists.
· McCartney also leads the Blue Hens with nine draw controls.
· Sophomores Casey Lyons and Shannon Hawley hold the team lead with three assists apiece.
· Senior Alex Alois and sophomore Lizzie Duffey have each collected seven groundballs.
· Alex Zaugra has started all four games for the Hens while playing 186 total minutes. The junior has tallied 22 saves at a clip of .423 while posting a 9.68 goals against average.
· Dating to 2011, La Salle holds an all-time series advantage of 2-1 over Delaware.
· The Explorers have won two straight, including a 13-12 victory against the Blue Hens in Philadelphia on March 1, 2013.
· The lone meeting between the two teams in Newark, Del. resulted in a 9-8 La Salle victory on March 2, 2012.
· Delaware’s lone win against the Explorers came on February 19, 2011 in a 12-4 victory.
· Delaware head coach Kateri Linville is in her fourth season with her alma mater and currently holds a career record of 24-30.
· Candace Taglianetti Bossell is in her sixth season as head coach at La Salle and is 40-44 during her tenure with the Explorers.
ABOUT LA SALLE
La Salle jumped out to a 3-0 record to start the 2014 season before falling to Saturday to UMBC, 6-7, to move to 3-1 on the year. Last week, a pair of Explorers picked up Atlantic 10 honors as Claire Andrews was tabbed the Offensive Player of the Week while Gabby Antonelli earned Defensive Player of the Week accolades. Andrews recorded two hat tricks and a total of 11 points while Antonelli picked up three wins in goal with 24 saves and a .600 save percentage against LIU Brooklyn, Temple and Central Connecticut State. For the season, Andrews leads the team with 11 points on seven goals and four assists while Caitlyn Bostrand and Katelyn Fay are second with 10 points apiece.