Elon Dominates Boards in 69-42 Win Over Blue Hens
ELON, N.C. – Delaware gave up 62 rebounds while contributing just 32 of their own in Sunday afternoon’s 69-42 loss against Elon at Alumni Gym.
The Phoenix (11-4, 3-0 CAA) handed the Blue Hens (7-7, 1-2 CAA) their lowest offensive output of the season while holding Delaware to just four offensive boards.
Sophomore Nicole Enabosi (Gaithersburg, Md./Our Lady of Good Counsel) recorded her sixth double double of the season and led the Hens with 10 points and 10 rebounds while tying a season-best with three blocked shots.
Redshirt junior Sadé Chatman (St. Paul, Minn./St. Paul Central) added 10 rebounds of her own to go along with eight points.
Jenifer Rhodes guided Elon with 17 points while Shay Burnett notched a game-high 15 rebounds.
Head Coach Tina Martin
“Offensive rebounds killed us today. We just didn’t rebound the basketball, plan and simple. Elon is one of the top two basketball teams in this conference and we did not keep them off the glass; they outmuscled us all day. We’re struggling offensively and took some questionable shots.”
· Just two days after shooting a season-best 51.9 percent in Friday’s win at UNCW, the Blue Hens shot 28.1 percent on 16-of-57 shooting from the field Sunday.
· Elon is now 5-1 all-time against Delaware. The Blue Hens have never won in Alumni Gym.
· UD’s 42 points is the lowest amount since registering 42 in the 2015 CAA Semifinals against Hofstra.
· Friday, January 13 – James Madison at Delaware * – 7 p.m. – Bob Carpenter Center (Newark, Del.)
· Sunday, January 15 – Delaware at Hofstra – 4 p.m. – Mack Sports Complex (Hempstead, N.Y.)
· Friday, January 20 – Northeastern at Delaware * – 7 p.m. – Bob Carpenter Center (Newark, Del.)