Delaware To Face Top-Seeded UNCW Saturday in CAA Tournament Quarterfinals
#9 Seed Delaware (13-19) vs. #1 Seed UNCW (26-5)
Date: Saturday, March 4, 2017
Time: 12 noon
Location: North Charleston Coliseum - North Charleston, S.C.
TV: TCN-P, CSN-MA, SNY, CSN-CHI+, CSN-CA (Al Koken, John Feinstein, Rob Carlin)
Radio: WDSD 94.7 FM (Scott Klatzkin)
Live Stats: www.CAAStats.com
Twitter Updates: twitter.com/DelawareMBB
All-Time Series: UNCW leads, 21-11
Delaware: Martin Ingelsby (Notre Dame '01), first season overall and at Delaware, 13-19
UNCW: Kevin Keatts (Marshall ‘11), third season overall and at UNCW, 69-27
• Ninth-seeded Delaware will face top-seeded UNCW on Saturday at 12 noon in the CAA Tournament Quarterfinals at North Charleston Coliseum.
• The Blue Hens advanced to the quarterfinals with Friday’s 81-76 win over Hofstra in the first round.
• Ryan Daly posted game-highs of 27 points, 11 rebounds, and a career-best six assists during the win. He reached double figures for the 10th straight game, notched his 10th 20-point effort of the year, and recorded his fifth double-double.
• Eric Carter added 19 points, one shy of his career-high, and 10 rebounds to post his second career double-double and his first since the season opener.
• Today’s game is the fifth postseason meeting between Delaware and UNCW, with the Seahawks taking the first four. However the teams have not met in the CAA Tournament since 2008.
• UNCW leads the all-time series with Delaware, 21-11, and the Seahawks have won the last four meetings in the series, all by nine points or more.
• Delaware is 4-7 during its 11 games in the CAA Tournament Quarterfinals. The Blue Hens’ last appearance in the quarterfinals was a 67-64 loss to Northeastern during the 2015 CAA Tournament.
• Cazmon Hayes is scheduled to play in his 124th career game today, which would tie him for the school record along with Devon Saddler and Jamelle Hagins.