The Next Membership Meeting is Thursday, Oct 9th
General Membership meetings are held in Room 209, Smith Hall at 7:30pm. Dates are listed below.
- October 9th
- November 6th
- December 1st
Both beginners and competitive racers are welcome to join! We will teach beginners the basics of sailing, racing rules and on-the-water etiquette. Experienced racers can compete in many MAISA (Mid Atlantic Intercollegiate Sailing Association) regattas up and down the eastern sea-board. With a fleet of Flying Juniors, Club 420s, a Laser, a Hobie Cat, and an O'Day, we have the boat you need.
- We require that members attend at least one practice between Monday and Thursday
- Race captains will choose members to compete in regattas based on practice attendance, availability, and experience
- No equipment is necessary, although it is encouraged to bring a bathing suit, towel and a change of clothes
- All members will have to pass a swim test of 5 minutes treading water with shoes on, as well as swimming a distance of 50 meters.
- We practice every day, Monday-Friday, weather permitting. We meet at 3:15pm at the Library Parking Lot to carpool to the North East River Yacht Club in North East, MD. We return to campus by 7pm.
- Club President: Chelsea Regan