Blue Hens Set To Play Home Opener Sunday Afternoon When Delaware Hosts Charleston Southern
Charleston Southern (1-0, 0-0 Big South) at Delaware (0-1, 0-0 CAA)
Date: Sunday, November 10, 2013
Time: 2 p.m.
Location: Bob Carpenter Center - Newark, Del.
Live Stats/Video: www.bluehens.com
Radio: WDSD 94.7 FM (Scott Klatzkin, Jon Buzby)
All-Time Series: Delaware leads, 2-0
Delaware: Monté Ross (Winston-Salem State ‘92), eighth season overall and at Delaware, 90-132
Charleston Southern: Barclay Radebaugh (ETSU ‘87), 9th seaon at Charleston Southern, 108-136 at Charleston Southern, 129-144 overall
• Today’s game is the third all-time between Delaware and Charleston Southern, as the two teams have met twice in the opening round of the College of Charleston Tournament. UD posted a 58-46 victory on Dec. 21, 1998 and an 82-63 triumph on Dec. 20, 2000.
• Delaware is 15-6 during its 21 home openers at the Bob Carpenter Center. The Blue Hens have won their last three home openers, including last year’s 68-59 victory over Radford.
• The Blue Hens dropped their eighth consecutive season opener on Friday with a narrow 71-69 loss at Richmond. Devon Saddler led Delaware with 17 points, while Jarvis Threatt added 14.
• Davon Usher posted a double-double with 10 points and a game-high 10 rebounds during his Blue Hen debut, while Richmond native Marvin King-Davis tied his career-highs with eight points and five rebounds.
• Devon Saddler currently ranks third on the Division I active career scoring list with 1,687 career points. He needs just 13 points today to reach the 1,700 mark for his career.
• Charleston Southern opened its season with a 130-51 victory over Johnson University Friday night in Charleston.
• Following today’s game the Blue Hens will play four straight road games at Hampton, Army, Villanova and Delaware State.