Delaware Takes on SIUE and Howard at UCF Thanksgiving Classic Saturday and Sunday
ORLANDO, Fla. – The University of Delaware women's basketball team will face two new opponents this weekend as the Blue Hens travel to the Sunshine State for the 11th University of Central Florida Thanksgiving Classic.
The Hens (4-1) will take on Southern Illinois Edwardsville (1-4) Saturday while matching up against Howard University (2-4) Sunday. Both games are slated for 12:30 p.m. at UCF's CFE Arena.
All Delaware women’s basketball games this season can be heard on the radio at 1290 The Ticket or 1410 WDOV. Matt Janus has the call for the Hens while Christine Motta serves as a color analyst. Fans can also hear the broadcast online at http://www.iheart.com/live/1290-The-Ticket-473/ and on smart devices via the iHeart app.
· Delaware is 2-0 on the road this year.
· UD has won three games in a row.
· The Hens tied a school record with 63 rebounds at Rider on Sunday.
· Erika Brown was named the CAA Rookie of the Week
· For more game notes, please click here.
· Delaware has never faced SIUE or Howard in women's basketball history.
· UD head coach Tina Martin is in her 18th season with Delaware and currently holds a 345-182 (.655) all-time record.
· Martin has never faced SIUE or Howard.
· Martin has garnered three conference Coach of the Year awards and led the Hens to 10 post-season appearances.
· SIUE head coach Paula Buscher is in her second season with the Cougars and has posted a 17-19 record during her tenure. Buscher arrived at SIUE after spending 12 seasons at Bradley, where she was the career record holder with 167 wins. She holds a career record of 211-230 (.478),
including brief stints at Minnesota State-Makato and Nebraska-Omaha.
· Howard’s Tennille Adams is in her first season as a head coach.