Blue Hens Head To ACC Opponent Notre Dame Looking To Extend Winning Streak
Delaware (5-3, 0-0 CAA) at Notre Dame (5-2, 0-0 ACC)
Date: Saturday, December 7, 2013
Time: 4 p.m.
Location: Purcell Pavilion - South Bend, Ind.
Live Video/Stats: www.und.com
TV: ACC Regional (Fox Sports South, CSN Mid-Atlantic) - Mike Hogewood, Dan Bonner
Radio: WDSD 94.7 FM (Scott Klatzkin, Matt Janus); WVUD 91.3 FM (Ben Haley, Sam Schwartz)
All-Time Series: First Meeting
Delaware: Monté Ross (Winston-Salem State ‘92), eighth season overall and at Delaware, 95-134
Notre Dame: Mike Brey (George Washington ‘82), 14th season at ND, 290-144 at ND, 19th season overall, 389-196
• The Blue Hens have won three straight and five of their last six games. The last time UD won four consecutive non-conference games was Nov. 19 through Dec. 11, 2010.
• Delaware is making its first appearance against Notre Dame head coach Mike Brey, who guided the Blue Hens to a 99-52 record and a pair of NCAA tournament appearances in five seasons from 1995-2000. Brey’s 99 wins are the third most in UD history, while current head coach Monté Ross ranks fourth with 95 victories.
• The Blue Hens have reached the 80-point mark in seven consecutive games, one shy of the school record of eight set from Feb. 10 through Mar. 6, 1999.
• Kyle Anderson scored a career-high 29 points and tied the school record by hitting eight three-pointers during Tuesday’s 85-80 victory at Charleston Southern. Anderson tied the record also held by Billy Wells and Jawan Carter.
• Anderson, who leads the CAA with a 55.4 three-point percentage and 31 three-pointers made, is 27 of 44 (61.4%) from behind the arc in the last six games. He hit six consecutive threes against both Hampton and Charleston Southern.
• Carl Baptiste has posted his first two career double-doubles in each of the last two games.