Blue Hens Face Stiff Challenge On Wednesday With Road Contest at Third-Ranked Ohio State
Delaware (5-5, 0-0 CAA) at #3 Ohio State (10-0, 0-0 Big Ten)
Date: Wednesday, December 18, 2013
Time: 7 p.m.
Location: Value City Arena - Columbus, Ohio
Live Stats: www.ohiostatebuckeyes.com
TV: Big Ten Network (Kevin Kugler, Jim Jackson)
Radio: WDSD 94.7 FM (Scott Klatzkin, Bill Harman)
All-Time Series: Ohio State leads, 2-0
Delaware: Monté Ross (Winston-Salem State ‘92), eighth season overall and at Delaware, 95-136
Ohio State: Thad Matta (Butler ‘90), 10th season at Ohio State, 260-73; 14th season overall, 362-104
• Today’s game is the third of four straight for the Blue Hens in the BlackRock Gotham Classic. Delaware has already traveled to Notre Dame and North Dakota State, and Saturday faces Bryant at Madison Square Garden.
• Ohio State has won the two previous meetings between the two schools, a 109-38 victory on Jan. 11, 1960 and a 74-49 triumph on Nov. 21, 2004. Both of those games also took place in Columbus.
• Delaware is 0-7 against teams that were in the Big Ten at the time of the game. UD has not faced a Big Ten opponent since the 2004 game at Ohio State. Tonight’s contest will be the first time Monté Ross as faced a Big Ten opponent.
• The Blue Hens are 0-16 against teams ranked in the Top 10 and 0-28 vs. teams ranked in the Top 25 in school history. Third-ranked Ohio State is tied for the second highest ranked opponent in UD history. Last year Delaware played at second-ranked Duke, and hosted No. 3 Virginia in 1981.
• Delaware is looking to snap a two-game losing streak following Monday’s 85-66 loss at North Dakota State.
• UD senior guard Devon Saddler returned from a seven-game absence to score a team-high 24 points for the Blue Hens. Saddler now has 1,740 points during his Delaware career.
• Jarvis Threatt scored 10 points against the Bison, becoming the 37th player in Blue Hen history to reach the 900-point mark.