Blue Hens Look To Extend Winning Streak To Four With Saturday Contest at James Madison
Delaware (9-7, 1-0 CAA) at James Madison (6-10, 1-1 CAA)
Date: Saturday, January 11, 2014
Time: 4 p.m.
Location: JMU Convocation Center - Harrisonburg, Va.
Live Video/Stats: www.jmusports.com (regional blackout restrictions apply)
TV: Comcast SportsNet
Radio: WDSD 94.7 FM (Scott Klatzkin, Matt Janus)
Twitter Updates: twitter.com/udbluehens
All-Time Series: Delaware leads, 12-8
Delaware: Monté Ross (Winston-Salem State ‘92), eighth season overall and at Delaware, 99-138
James Madison: Matt Brady (Siena ‘87), sixth season at James Madison, 94-92; 10th season overall, 167-142
• Delaware is attempting to begin CAA play 2-0 for the fourth time since joining the league in 2001-02. The Blue Hens were 2-0 in 2001-02, 5-0 in 2007-08, and 3-0 last season.
• Delaware has won three consecutive games, while a win against James Madison would represent its longest win streak of the season.
• UD head coach Monté Ross is looking to earn his 100th career victory vs. the Dukes. Ross is currently tied for third on the UD wins list with Mike Brey, behind only Steve Steinwedel (163) and Irv Wisniewski (110).
• Delaware leads the all-time series with James Madison, 12-8, but the Dukes have taken five of the last six meetings including all three last season. JMU edged the Blue Hens, 58-57, in the CAA Tournament Semifinals last March. UD is 6-4 all-time in Harrisonburg.
• UD took all three contests during its recent three-game homestand, including Wednesday’s 86-79 triumph over Hofstra. Devon Saddler led all scorers with 24 points, and now has 1,857 for his career.
• Jarvis Threatt added 20 points and surpassed the 1,000-point mark, becoming the 31st player in Blue Hen history to reach 1,000 points.
• Davon Usher chipped in 19 points and has reached double figures in each of the last five games, averaging 17.2 points during that stretch.