Women's Health Awareness Game
Blue Hens WBB Game vs. Towson
Sunday, February 16 @ 2 p.m. at The BOB
To purchase tickets for as low as $5 click here.
(12:30 to 2 p.m.) Women's Health Fair on the Concourse
- FREE blood pressure & glucose screenings for women compliments of the University of Delaware School of Nursing; UD Employee Wellness Program; and Healthy HENS, Student Health Services. Smoking Cessation Materials & DANTE social media provided by School of Nursing. *All screenings for women are subject to availability on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Interactive and educational women's health exhibits provided by staff from organizations including:
- HERA Foundation
- Christiana Care Health System
- Blood Bank of Delmarva
- UD Registered Dietician
- American Cancer Society
- First State Physicians
- The pregame Health Fair will be located around the concourse behind Section 2 through Section 9.
- Pom-Pom giveaways in recognition of breast cancer and heart disease awareness.
- Blue Hen 'Dare to be Strong' event spirit bead giveaway for the first 750 fans in attendance
(Halftime) Parade of Survivors
Are you or someone you know currently showing or have shown courage in the face of health adversity? In recognition of the importance of preventative care and awareness of all of the potential health issues facing the women we love today, we want to invite you and/or the heroic women you know, to participate in our halftime Parade of Survivors to pay tribute to the strength and fight against disease that have empowered and inspired others.
To stand proud on-court as a survivor in front of your families, friends, neighbors and fellow Blue Hens, please complete the online participation form no later than 5 p.m. on Monday, February 10 (deadline extended).
Survivor Participants will receive one (1) free complimentary game ticket to attend. Additional tickets can be purchased for as low as $5.
To participate, click here.
(Postgame) Autograph Session
Stick around after the game for a postgame autograph session with the entire women's basketball team in the MAIN LOBBY following the game.
WBCA Play 4 Kay Initiative
All fans are encouraged to WEAR PINK in honor of the WBCA Play 4 Kay breast cancer awareness WBCA initiative!
Founded in December 2007, the Kay Yow Cancer Fund is a 501 c(3) charitable organization committed to being a part of finding an answer in the fight against women's cancers through raising money for scientific research, assisting the underserved and unifying people for a common cause.
The late Kay Yow, the Fund's namesake and former North Carolina State University head women's basketball coach, was a past president and founding member of the WBCA, and a galvanizing voice for the Association. Yow was first diagnosed with breast cancer in 1987, and passed away on January 24, 2009, after facing her third bout with the disease.
The former WBCA Pink Zone has been rebranded as Play 4Kay. The mission of the initiative, which was brought to life in 2007, will remain intact: a nation of coaches raising breast cancer awareness on the court, across campuses, in communities and beyond. The Kay Yow Cancer Fund will continue to be the official charity of the initiative.
For more information on the Kay Yow Cancer Fund, click here.