Blue Hens Head To Boston For First CAA Road Game at Northeastern
Delaware (7-8, 0-2 CAA) at Northeastern (9-5, 2-0 CAA)
Date: Thursday, January 5, 2017
Time: 7 p.m.
Location: Bob Carpenter Center - Newark, Del.
TV: ASN (Comcast SportsNet Philadelphia)
Radio: WDSD 94.7 FM (Scott Klatzkin, Bill Harman)
Live Stats: www.GoNU.com
Twitter Updates: twitter.com/DelawareMBB
All-Time Series: Delaware leads, 27-23
Delaware: Martin Ingelsby (Notre Dame '01), first season overall and at Delaware, 7-8
Northeastern: Bill Coen (Hamilton ‘83), 11th season overall and at Northeastern, 172-165
• Delaware plays its first CAA road game of the season by taking on Northeastern in Matthews Arena.
• The Blue Hens are looking to avoid opening CAA play with three consecutive losses for the third straight year.
• Delaware lost its second consecutive home game on Monday with a 65-56 home defeat to Charleston. Ryan Daly again led the Blue Hens with 20 points and six rebounds. He has been UD’s leading scorer in four straight games, and its leading rebounder in three straight contests.
• Daly, who also scored a career-high 20 points last Saturday vs. Hofstra, is the second Blue Hen freshman in school history to post consecutive 20-point games, along with Devon Saddler in Feb., 2011.
• Daly has reached double figures in seven straight games, the fourth longest streak by a UD freshman in program history.
• Chivarsky Corbett came off the bench to contribute nine points vs. the Cougars, while Cazmon Hayes added eight points and five rebounds.
• Delaware has reached the 70-point mark just twice in 15 games this season.
• Delaware leads the all-time series with Northeastern, 27-23, but the Huskies have won the last three meetings between the two schools. The Blue Hens are 11-12 against Northeastern in Boston, with wins in three of their last four trips to Matthews Arena.