Delaware Heads South Thursday To Face Towson
Delaware (7-10, 0-4 CAA) at Towson (8-9, 0-4 CAA)
Date: Thursday, January 12, 2017
Time: 7 p.m.
Location: SECU Arena - Towson, Md.
Radio: WDSD 94.7 FM (Scott Klatzkin, Bill Harman)
Live Stats: www.towsonstats.com
Twitter Updates: twitter.com/DelawareMBB
All-Time Series: Delaware leads, 44-32
Delaware: Martin Ingelsby (Notre Dame '01), first season overall and at Delaware, 7-10
Towson: Pat Skerry (Tufts ‘92), sixth season at Towson, 84-96; eighth season overall, 108-121
• Delaware plays the first of two local road games this week by making the short trip south to take on Towson, with the Blue Hens and Tigers both looking for their first CAA win of the season.
• UD dropped its fourth straight game on Saturday with a 91-81 loss to CAA favorite UNCW. The Blue Hens’ 81 points were their most against a Division I opponent this season.
• Ryan Daly scored a career-high 28 points, the fourth most by a Delaware freshman in school history. He was named CAA Rookie of the Week for the third time, and for the second consecutive week, on Monday.
• Chivarsky Corbett tied his season-high by pouring in 18 points.
• Cazmon Hayes became the 39th player in Blue Hen history to surpass the 900-point mark.
• Barnett Harris will play in his 100th career game tonight. Cazmon Hayes and Devonne Pinkard each appeared in their 100th games earlier this season.
• Towson ranks second in the CAA with 67.5 points allowed per game, while Delaware is third at 67.8 points allowed. The Tigers lead the league with a +6.8 rebound margin, while the Blue Hens are third with a +4.1 margin.
• Conversely, Delaware is ninth in the CAA with a 31.3 three-point percentage, while Towson is 10th with a 28.2 percentage.
• The Blue Hens lead the all-time series with Towson, 44-32, but the Tigers swept both meetings last year. Delaware is 13-22 in 35 all-time meetings in Towson.