ANNAPOLIS, Md.  --  Navy is known for its vaunted rushing attack, but Saturday afternoon the University of Delaware saw just how potent its passing game can be.

Navy quarterback Keenan Reynolds ran for 109 yards but he passed for 233 more, including two touchdowns tosses, as the Mids knocked the Blue Hens from the unbeaten ranks with a 51-7 non-league football victory at Navy-Marine Corps Stadium.  Reynolds, who hit on 10 of 13 passes, helped Navy post its highest single game passing total since the 2000 season.

Delaware held its own for while and gained 336 total yards, but three turnovers and the overall Navy attack was too much as the Hens fell to 2-1,  falling for the first time in three games under first-year head coach Dave Brock.

“I was disappointed that we didn’t come out and play offense and special teams the way we are capable of playing and that cost us an opportunity to put pressure on them,” said Brock. “We needed to come out and put pressure on Navy and get them out of their deal, but we weren’t able to do it. We put our defense in a very, very challenging situation. Navy is a very good football team and very well coached. I thought we did a good job against the run in the first half but they hit us on a couple of passes and that hurt us. We have to be better there. I thought our effort was good, but we just didn’t finish and ended up with a bad result.”

Reynolds, who led the Navy attack to 444 yards rushing in a 41-35 win over Indiana last week, showed his all-around skills on Saturday as he led a Navy attack that piled up 589 yards, including 352 on the ground and 237 through the air. Navy’s 51 points was the most scored against Delaware since the Hens dropped a 62-56 overtime verdict to Richmond back in 2007 national championship runner-up season.

Delaware got it lone touchdown on a nice 17-yard pass from Trent Hurley to tight end Ryan Cobb with 4:27 left in the first half that narrowed the Navy deficit to 23-7 at halftime.

But the Mids (2-0) put the game away in the second half, driving 68 yards for a score on their first possession of the second half and getting scoring runs from Geoffrey Whiteside and Chris Swain.

Hurley (at  left)  hit on 17 of 25 passes for 152 yards while senior running back Andrew Pierce (at right) rushed for a team-high 83 yards. Tight end Nick Boyle and wide receiver Jerel Harrison each caught four passes for the Blue Hens.

Navy jumped out to a 23-0 lead as Darius Staten and Geoffrey Whiteside each scored on the ground, Nick Sloan converted a 24-yard field goal, and Reynolds hit DeBrandon Sanders on a 63-yard scoring pass over the middle. Whiteside and Sanders each scored following interceptions.

Cobb’s touchdown grab finally put the Hens on the board and cut the lead to 23-7 at the half, but Delaware was unable to find the end zone again while Navy scored on its first possession of the second half on a 29-yard scoring pass from Reynolds to Shawn Lynch and Whiteside, Chris Swain, and John Hendrick added scoring runs.

Delaware will look to get back on the winning track this Saturday when they host Wagner at Delaware Stadium at 6 p.m.