Annual Klondike Kate’s Auction to Take Place Today (Nov. 13); Proceeds to Honor Meals on Wheels
NEWARK, Del. -- Memorabilia signed by University of Delaware football legends and NFL players, lunch with UD head coach Dave Brock, and a trip with the Blue Hen football team to next year’s season opener at the University of Pittsburgh will be among the items up for bid this Wednesday, Nov. 13, when Klondike Kate’s and 94.7 WDSD-FM host a charity auction at Klondike Kate’s Restaurant on Main Street.
All proceeds from the auction will go the Meals On Wheels Association of America, whose mission is to end senior hunger.
Auction items will be available for viewing in the Parlor Room at Klondike Kate’s beginning at 12 noon Wednesday with bidding available until 7:30 p.m. All bidding must be done in-person. The Delaware Football Coaches Show starring Brock and 94.7 WDSD-FM Sports Director Scott Klatzkin begins at 7 p.m. and the winners will be announced during the show. Winners not in attendance at the show will contacted to receive their items.
Among the items up for auction are:
• Lunch for (2) with Delaware head coach Dave Brock
• Travel with the Blue Hens football team to Pittsburgh in 2014 for the season opener (Includes bus transportation, game tickets and lodging for 2)
NOTE: Individuals in high school are not eligible for trip participation
• Tina Martin & University of Delaware women’s basketball team autographed basketball
• Chip Kelly (Philadelphia Eagles head coach) autographed football
• Anthony Walters (Chicago Bears) autographed football
• Paul Worrilow (Atlanta Falcons) autographed football
• Tubby Raymond (University of Delaware and College Football Hall of Famer) autographed football
• 2003 Delaware Football National Championship team autographed football
• Andy Hall (2002-03 Delaware quarterback) autographed UD helmet.
• Joe Flacco (Baltimore Ravens Super Bowl MVP) autographed UD helmet.
• Joe Flacco & Gino Gradkowski (Baltimore Ravens) autographed UD helmet
• Joe Flacco autographed UD action photo (2)
The Meals On Wheels Association of America is the oldest and largest national organization composed of and representing local, community-based Senior Nutrition Programs in all 50 U.S. states, as well as the U.S. Territories. Its mission is to provide national leadership to end senior hunger. Senior hunger in America is a monumental problem. The latest research reveals 8.8 million seniors in the United States faced the threat of hunger. For more information about Wheels on Meals or to make a donation, go online to: www.mowaa.org.
The No. 21 ranked University of Delaware football squad will plays its final regular season home game at Delaware Stadium this Saturday, Nov. 16, when the Blue Hens (7-3) take on Colonial Athletic Association rival University of Richmond at 12 noon. Delaware will honor its 17 seniors in a pre-game ceremony as part of Senior Day. Plenty of great seats are available and can be purchased by visiting the Bob Carpenter Center Box Office, calling 302-831-2257, or going online to www.bluehens.com and clicking on “Tickets”. Tickets will also be available for sale the day of the game.