Delaware Menís Tennis Completes Regular Season Play with 4-3 Loss to Drexel on Senior Day
NEWARK, Del. – The University of Delaware men’s tennis team concluded regular season play Saturday afternoon as the Blue Hens narrowly fell to Drexel University, 4-3, at the Delaware Field House Outdoor Courts.
Beneck logged a 6-4, 6-4 win over Badr Ouabdelmoumen in No. 1 singles while Lawton picked up a close 7-5, 0-6, 6-1 second flight victory against Skyler Davis.
In No. 6 singles, Puterio defeated Paul Stauskas, 6-4, 6-2 for his third straight win of the year.
The Blue Hens wrap regular season action with an overall record of 4-10 while going 0-4 in the Colonial Athletic Association. The Dragons improved to 9-8 overall and 2-1 in the league.
· Tim Puterio has won a career-best three straight matches while Troy Beneck has posted two straight victories.
· Beneck is 23-7 on the year, a mark good for second in single-season school history.
· Beneck and Adam Lawton were honored prior to their final home match in a Delaware uniform.
· Delaware has dropped four straight matches.
· April 18-20 – TBA – CAA Championships – Millie West Tennis Facility (Williamsburg, Va.)
· May 15-20 – TBA – NCAA Tournament – TBA