Delaware Men's Basketball Heads Down Route 1 To Face Delaware State on Monday
Delaware (2-3, 0-0 CAA) at Delaware State (1-3, 0-0 MEAC)
Date: Monday, November 25, 2013
Time: 7 p.m.
Location: Memorial Hall - Dover, Del.
Live Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xVmkfhfL9L4
Live Stats: www.dsuhornets.com
Radio: WDSD 94.7 FM (Scott Klatzkin, Bill Harman); WVUD 91.3 FM (John Barwick, Meghan O'Donnell)
All-Time Series: Delaware leads, 10-3
Delaware: Monté Ross (Winston-Salem State ‘92), eighth season overall and at Delaware, 92-134
Delaware State: Greg Jackson (St. Paul’s ‘80), 23rd season overall, 361-282; 14th season at Delaware State, 197-204
• Delaware leads the all-time series with Delaware State, 10-3, although the Hornets earned a 73-67 overtime victory at the Bob Carpenter Center last year. The teams have split four meetings since the series resumed in the 2009-10 season.
• The Blue Hens have won five of the six meetings in Memorial Hall.
• Delaware dropped a hard-fought 84-80 decision at Villanova on Friday night at The Pavilion.
• Davon Usher led the Blue Hens with a game-high 27 points, while Kyle Anderson contributed 17 including four three-pointers. Jarvis Threatt added 16 points, and dished out a career-high eight assists for the third consecutive game.
• Delaware has scored at least 80 points in four consecutive games for the first time since Feb. 10 through Feb. 19, 2000. The Blue Hens’ 84.2 scoring average is UD’s highest through five games since the 1991-92 season.
• Jarvis Threatt is averaging 21.3 points, 6.3 rebounds, 8.0 assists and 3.7 steals during the last three games. He currently leads the CAA and is tied for 13th in Division I with 3.2 steals per game, while his 6.4 assists per game also lead the league and are tied for 19th in the nation.
• Delaware leads the CAA with a 36.5 team three-point percentage and 8.4 three-pointers made per game. Kyle Anderson leads the league with 18 three-pointers, while Davon Usher is second with 13. UD ranks second in the CAA with a 25.7 three-point percentage defense.