Blue Hens Conclude Non-Conference Slate Saturday With Home Game vs. Cal Poly
Delaware (7-7, 0-0 CAA) vs. Cal Poly (4-8, 0-0 Big West)
Date: Saturday, January 4, 2014
Time: 2 p.m.
Location: Bob Carpenter Center - Newark, Del.
Live Video/Stats: www.bluehens.com
Radio: WDSD 94.7 FM (Scott Klatzkin, Bill Harman); WVUD 91.3 FM
All-Time Series: First Meeting
Delaware: Monté Ross (Winston-Salem State ‘92), eighth season overall and at Delaware, 97-138
Cal Poly: Joe Callero (Central Washington ‘86), fifth season at Cal Poly, 67-71; 15th season overall, 206-201
• Delaware plays its final non-conference game of the regular season this afternoon against Cal Poly. The Blue Hens are looking for their eighth non-conference victory of the season, which would be the most since the 1999-2000 season.
• Today’s game is the first ever meeting between Delaware and Cal Poly. The Blue Hens have played just one previous game against a team in the Big West Conference, a 92-74 loss at UC Santa Barbara on Dec. 3, 1994.
• Delaware posted a 77-64 home victory over Liberty on New Year’s Day, coming back after trailing by eight points at the half. The Blue Hens’ 25 first half points were their lowest in a half this season, while their 52 second half points were the second highest in a half.
• Jarvis Threatt scored a game-high 19 points for the Blue Hens, and needs 33 more points to become the 33rd player in UD history to reach the 1,000-point mark.
• Devon Saddler and Davon Usher, who were each held scoreless during the first half, finished with 13 points apiece. Kyle Anderson contributed 14 points and now has made 50 three-pointers this season, tied for seventh most in the nation.
• Saddler surpassed the 1,800-point mark, and currently ranks fourth among active players with 1,811 career points. He needs 220 more points to break the UD career scoring record held by Mike Pegues.
• Following today’s contest Delaware closes its regular season with 16 straight CAA games, including Wednesday‘s league opener against Hofstra at the BCC.
• The Blue Hen men’s basketball team will be collecting items for its annual Ronald McDonald House of Delaware Wish List Drive prior to the game.