Blue Hens Head North To Boston For Saturday Clash With Northeastern
Delaware (11-7, 3-0 CAA) at Northeastern (5-13, 2-2 CAA)
Date: Saturday, January 18, 2014
Time: 12 noon
Location: Matthews Arena - Boston, Mass.
Live Video/Stats: www.gonu.com (regional blackout restrictions apply)
TV: Comcast SportsNet (Josh Maurer, Brian Oliver)
Radio: WDSD 94.7 FM (Scott Klatzkin, Bill Harman)
Twitter Updates: twitter.com/udbluehens
All-Time Series: Delaware leads, 23-19
Delaware: Monté Ross (Winston-Salem State ‘92), eighth season overall and at Delaware, 101-138
Northeastern: Bill Coen (Hamilton '83), eighth season overall and at Northeastern, 115-125
• Delaware has won five straight games for the fifth time during the Monté Ross era. A victory today would give the Blue Hens their longest winning streak since a nine-game run from Feb. 1 through Mar. 2, 2012.
• UD has opened CAA play with three consecutive wins for the second straight year. A victory over the Huskies would give the Hens their second best conference start since joining the league, behind only the 2007-08 squad which opened 5-0.
• The Blue Hens have trailed by double digits in each of their three CAA games and have been behind at the half during all three. UD trailed by 13 points Wednesday against William & Mary before rallying for a 76-71 victory.
• Devon Saddler scored a game-high 26 points in his return to the starting lineup, and surpassed the 1,900-point mark for his career. Saddler has scored at least 22 points in four consecutive games.
• Saddler has scored 1,908 career points and needs 123 more to break the school record of 2,030 held by Mike Pegues.
• Carl Baptiste returned from a sprained left ankle to grab a team-high eight rebounds vs. the Tribe.
• Davon Usher has scored 21 points and knocked down five three-pointers in each of the last two games.
• Delaware leads the all-time series with Northeastern, 23-19, with each team winning on the other’s home court last season.