Delaware Opens Four Game Homestand on Saturday With 12 Noon Clash vs. UNCW
Delaware (15-7, 7-0 CAA) vs. UNCW (6-15, 0-6 CAA)
Date: Saturday, February 1, 2014
Time: 12 noon
Location: Bob Carpenter Center - Newark, Del.
Live Stats: www.bluehens.com
TV: Comcast SportsNet (Scott Klatzkin, Charlie Woollum)
Radio: WDSD 94.7 FM (Jimmy Smith, Bill Harman)
Twitter Updates: twitter.com/udbluehens
All-Time Series: UNCW leads, 16-8
Delaware: Monté Ross (Winston-Salem State ‘92), eighth season overall and at Delaware, 105-138
UNCW: Buzz Peterson (North Carolina '85), fourth season at UNCW, 39-74; 16th season overall, 264-221
• Delaware opens a four-game homestand on Saturday as the Blue Hens host UNCW in the teams’ first of two meetings this season. This marks UD’s first four-game homestand since Dec. 23, 2008 through Jan. 5, 2009.
• Delaware has won nine straight games, going undefeated in the month of January for the first time since the 1966-67 season.
• A win today would give the Blue Hens their longest winning streak under Monté Ross, and tied for the third longest in school history.
• Delaware is one of 14 teams in Division I with at least seven conference victories and zero losses. The Blue Hens’ current nine-game winning streak is tied for the 12th longest in Division I.
• The Blue Hens have opened CAA play with seven straight wins for the first time since joining the league.
• Delaware enters Saturday’s game riding a six-game home winning streak. The Blue Hens are 21-5 during their last 26 home games.
• Devon Saddler has scored 1,995 career points, and needs five more to reach 2,000. He needs 36 points to break the school record of 2,030 held by Mike Pegues.
• Carl Baptiste scored a career-high 23 points at William & Mary, and is 28 of 33 from the field over the last five games.
• UNCW leads the all-time series with Delaware, 16-8, but the Blue Hens have won the last three meetings. UD is 5-0 at the BCC against UNCW under Monté Ross.