Delaware Wraps Up Busy Stretch on Wednesday with Home Game vs. College of Charleston
Delaware (17-7, 9-0 CAA) vs. College of Charleston (12-11, 4-4 CAA)
Date: Wednesday, February 5, 2014
Time: 7 p.m.
Location: Bob Carpenter Center - Newark, Del.
Live Video/Stats: www.bluehens.com
Radio: WDSD 94.7 FM (Scott Klatzkin, Bill Harman), WVUD 91.3 FM
Twitter Updates: twitter.com/udbluehens
All-Time Series: College of Charleston leads, 2-0
Delaware: Monté Ross (Winston-Salem State ‘92), eighth season overall and at Delaware, 107-138
College of Charleston: Doug Wojcik (Navy ‘87), second season at CofC, 35-22; ninth year overall, 175-114
• Delaware wraps up a stretch of four games in eight days, including three contests in the last five days. Following Wednesday’s contest, the Blue Hens will take a week off before hosting James Madison on Wednesday, Feb. 12.
• Delaware has won 11 straight games for just the third time in school history, and for the first time since a 13-game run in the 1998-99 season.
• The Blue Hens are one of 11 teams in Division I currently undefeated in conference play. Delaware’s 11-game winning streak is tied for the ninth longest active streak in Division I.
• UD has won 13 consecutive regular season CAA games, tied for the second longest streak in school history. A win vs. the Cougars would give the Blue Hens 14 straight league wins, which would be second only to a 22-game run in the ECC and NAC from 1990-93.
• Delaware has won eight consecutive home games, the longest home winning streak since UD won 17 in a row from Jan. 24, 1999 through Jan. 27, 2000.
• Devon Saddler scored 21 points during Monday’s win over Northeastern, setting the UD career scoring record. Saddler has now scored 2,031 career points, third among active Division I players and 10th all-time in the CAA.
• Delaware has moved up to No. 16 in the CollegeInsider.com Mid-Major Poll.
• College of Charleston has won both previous meetings between the schools, winning the CofC Tournament finals over the Blue Hens in 1998 and 2000.