Blue Hens Close Regular Season at College of Charleston With CAA Tournament Top Seed On the Line
Delaware (21-9, 13-2 CAA) at College of Charleston (14-16, 6-9 CAA)
Date: Saturday, March 1, 2014
Time: 2 p.m.
Location: TD Arena - Charleston, S.C.
Live Stats: www.cofcstats.com
TV: Comcast Network (Mike Gleason, Blaine Taylor)
Radio: WDSD 94.7 FM (Scott Klatzkin, Bill Harman)
Twitter Updates: twitter.com/udbluehens
All-Time Series: College of Charleston leads, 2-1
Delaware: Monté Ross (Winston-Salem State ‘92), eighth season overall and at Delaware, 111-140
College of Charleston: Doug Wojcik (Navy ‘87), second season at CofC, 38-27; ninth year overall, 178-119
• Delaware has already clinched at least a share of the CAA regular season title, and can claim the outright championship with either a win at College of Charleston or a loss by Towson to William & Mary.
• If Delaware wins the Blue Hens will be the top seed in next weekend’s CAA Tournament; if the Blue Hens lose and Towson wins, UD will be the second seed in the championship.
• Today’s game features the top scoring team in the CAA in Delaware (78.9 ppg) against the league’s top defense in College of Charleston (61. ppg).
• College of Charleston leads the all-time series with Delaware, 2-1, although the Blue Hens posted an incredible 67-64 comeback victory over the Cougars on Feb. 5 at the Bob Carpenter Center. Davon Usher scored 42 points as UD rallied from 20 points down with nine minutes remaining.
• Usher has scored 586 points this season, sixth most in a UD single season. He needs to score 14 points to reach 600 for the season.
• Jarvis Threatt returned to action following an eight-game absence to score a game-high 24 points during Wednesday’s win at UNCW. Threatt also dished out a game-high six assists and made four steals during the win.
• Carl Baptiste grabbed a career-high 16 rebounds against the Seahawks, and recorded his fourth double-double in five games. He has reached double figures in rebounds in five consecutive contests.