Delaware Men's Basketball Team Opens 2013-14 Campaign Friday at Richmond
Delaware (0-0, 0-0 CAA) at Richmond (0-0, 0-0 Atlantic 10)
Date: Friday, November 8, 2013
Time: 7 p.m.
Location: Robins Center - Richmond, Va.
Live Stats/Video: www.richmondspiders.com
TV: WTVR (Richmond, Va.)
Radio: WDSD 94.7 FM (Scott Klatzkin, Tim Donnelly)
All-Time Series: Delaware leads, 2-1
Delaware: Monté Ross (Winston-Salem State ‘92), eighth season overall and at Delaware, 90-131
Richmond: Chris Mooney (Princeton ‘94), 9th seaon at Richmond, 128-103 at Richmond, 165-130 overall
• Delaware leads the all-time series with Richmond, 2-1, although the teams have not met since 1995. Including tonight, all four contests have occurred in Richmond.
• Delaware is 51-57 in its 108 season openers, but the Blue Hens have dropped their last seven season openers. UD head coach Monté Ross is looking for his first victory in a season opener.
• Tonight’s game serves as a homecoming for Blue Hens Jarvis Threatt (Highland Springs HS) and Marvin King-Davis (Meadowbrook HS).
• The Blue Hens went 19-14 last season and finished 13-5 in the CAA, their highest conference win total since joining the league in 2001-02. Delaware earned the second seed in last year’s CAA Tournament and advanced to the semifinals.
• Devon Saddler is tied for second place on the Division I active career scoring list. Doug McDermott of Creighton is the leader at 2,216 points, while Saddler and Travis Bader of Oakland are second with 1,670 points.
• The Blue Hens add Mississippi Valley State transfer Davon Usher, who is immediately eligible for UD due to the Delta Devils’ APR situation.
• With Saddler (19.9 ppg/18th) and Usher (18.8 ppg/32nd), Delaware is the only Division I school featuring two players that ranked among the top 50 scorers last season.
• Saddler was named to the CAA Preseason first team, while Jarvis Threatt was a second team selection.