Blue Hen Men's Basketball Looks For First Win of Season Sunday at Hampton
Delaware (0-2, 0-0 CAA) at Hampton (2-0, 0-0 MEAC)
Date: Sunday, November 17, 2013
Time: 2 p.m.
Location: HU Convocation Center - Hampton, Va.
Live Stats: www.hamptonpirates.com
Radio: WDSD 94.7 FM (Scott Klatzkin, Matt Janus)
All-Time Series: Delaware leads, 4-1
Delaware: Monté Ross (Winston-Salem State ‘92), eighth season overall and at Delaware, 90-133
Hampton: Edward Joyner, Jr. (Johnson C. Smith ‘95), fifth season overall and at Hampton, 66-65
• Today’s game is the sixth all-time meeting between Delaware and Hampton, with all six coming since 2007-08. The Pirates won the first meeting, but the Blue Hens have taken four straight.
• Delaware has won both previous meetings in Hampton, a 75-66 victory on Dec. 9, 2008 and a 55-53 triumph on Dec. 8, 2010.
• Today Delaware will be looking to avoid its first 0-3 start to a season since 2007-08. The Blue Hens have started 0-2 four times since then, but have won their third game each time.
• Delaware will be without leading scorer Devon Saddler, who was suspended for a month beginning on Tuesday for a violation of University and team policies.
• Delaware scored 93 points during its home opener against Charleston Southern, the most since a 97-94 double overtime win at Penn on Nov. 21, 2009.
• The Blue Hens attempted 35 three-pointers vs. the Bucs, tied for the third most in a game in school history. Davon Usher went 5 of 14 from behind the arc, tying the single game mark also held by Jawan Carter.
• Usher scored 30 points in his BCC debut while Devon Saddler added 29, believed to be the first game in Delaware history that two players scored at least 29 points in the same game. Carl Baptiste scored a career-high 12 points on 6 of 7 shooting from the field against Charleston Southern.