Blue Hens Look To Get Back On Winning Track Wednesday at Hofstra
Delaware (19-8, 11-1 CAA) at Hofstra (8-19, 4-8 CAA)
Date: Wednesday, February 19, 2014
Time: 7 p.m.
Location: Mack Sports Complex - Hempstead, N.Y.
Live Video/Stats: www.gohofstra.com
Radio: WDSD 94.7 FM (Scott Klatzkin, Bill Harman)
Twitter Updates: twitter.com/udbluehens
All-Time Series: Hofstra leads, 48-29
Delaware: Monté Ross (Winston-Salem State ‘92), eighth season overall and at Delaware, 109-139
Hofstra: Joe Mihalich (La Salle ‘78), first season at Hofstra, 8-19; 16th season overall, 273-222
• Delaware will look to return to the win column after having its 13-game winning streak snapped at Towson on Monday.
• A win against the Pride would give Delaware its seventh 20-win season in school history, and its first since the 2000-01 season.
• Delaware’s 13-game win streak was tied for the second longest in school history, and the longest under head coach Monté Ross.
• The Blue Hens moved up to No. 10 in this week’s CollegeInsider.com Mid-Major Top 25 Poll.
• Davon Usher was named the CAA Player of the Week on Monday, earning the conference award for the second straight week. Usher is the first Blue Hen to ever earn consecutive CAA Player of the Week honors.
• Usher currently leads the CAA with 19.6 points per game, while his 529 points scored are 13th most in a UD single season. He has scored 125 points in his last four games, a 31.3 average.
• Carl Baptiste scored 10 points and grabbed 12 rebounds at Towson to post his second consecutive double-double, and his sixth of the season.
• A win would give Monté Ross 110 career victories, which would tie him for second place on the UD wins list along with Irv Wisniewski.
• Hofstra leads the all-time series with Delaware, 48-29, but the Blue Hens have won the last six meetings between the schools.