Blue Hens Close Out Home Schedule on Sunday With Senior Day Contest vs. Drexel
Delaware (20-8, 12-1 CAA) vs. Drexel (14-12, 6-7 CAA)
Date: Sunday, February 23, 2014
Time: 3 p.m.
Location: Bob Carpenter Center - Newark, Del.
Live Stats: www.bluehens.com
TV: Comcast SportsNet (Joe Beninati, John Feinstein)
Radio: WDSD 94.7 FM (Scott Klatzkin, Bill Harman)
Twitter Updates: twitter.com/udbluehens
All-Time Series: Delaware leads, 77-72
Delaware: Monté Ross (Winston-Salem State ‘92), eighth season overall and at Delaware, 110-139
Drexel: Bruiser Flint (Saint Joseph’s ‘87), 13th season at Drexel, 226-171; 18th season overall, 312-243
• Delaware can clinch at least a share of the CAA regular season title with a win against Drexel. The Blue Hens have not won a conference regular season championship since capturing the America East during the 1998-99 season.
• Delaware recorded the seventh 20-win season in school history, and the first since 2000-01, with Wednesday’s 81-77 victory at Hofstra.
• A win today would give the Blue Hens their 11th consecutive home victory, which would tie for the second longest single season home streak in school history.
• A victory would also give Monté Ross 111 career wins, which would move him into sole possession of second place on the UD career wins list.
• Davon Usher scored 27 points during the win at Hofstra and is averaging 30.4 points over the last five games, leading the Blue Hens in scoring during all five.
• Devon Saddler added 24 points, and needs just one point to reach the 2,100-point mark for his career.
• Saddler (20.4 ppg) and Usher (19.9 ppg) are the only pair of teammates in the country currently ranked first and second in their conference in scoring.
• Usher needs to score seven points to move into the UD top 10 single season scoring list.
• Carl Baptiste posted his third consecutive double-double at Hofstra, and has posted seven double-doubles on the season.
• The Blue Hens overcame their eighth halftime deficit of the season.