UD Hits Road For CAA Matchup at William & Mary Thursday
Delaware (9-3, 1-0 CAA) at William & Mary (3-9, 0-0 CAA)
DATE: Thursday, January 9, 2014
TIME: 7 p.m.
LOCATION: Kaplan Arena at William & Mary Hall - Williamsburg, Va.
All Delaware women’s basketball games this season can be heard on the radio at 1290 The Ticket or 1410 WDOV. Matt Janus has the call for the Hens while Christine Motta serves as a color analyst. Fans can also hear the broadcast online at http://www.iheart.com/live/1290-The-Ticket-473/ and on smart devices via the iHeart app.
Thursday's game at William & Mary will be available, for a fee, via TribeAthletics.TV.
· Delaware travels to Williamsburg for its first CAA contest on the road this season.
· The Hens have won eight of its past 10, with the losses coming by a combined seven points.
· The Blue Hens hold a 43-game CAA winning streak (regular season and tournament) dating to the 2011-12 season.
· For more game notes, please click here.
· The Blue Hens lead the all-time series, 17-4. UD has won eight straight and nine of the last 10 against the Tribe.
· The Hens defeated William & Mary last season, 66-44, in Williamsburg.
· UD is 8-3 against the Tribe in Williamsburg. The Tribe's last victory at home came on Jan. 13, 2008 with a 61-57 win.
· UD head coach Tina Martin is in her 18th season with Delaware and currently holds a 350-184 (.655) all-time record.
· Martin is 15-4 all-time against William & Mary.
· Martin has garnered three conference Coach of the Year awards and led the Hens to 10 post-season appearances.
· Ed Swanson became the fifth Division I head women's basketball coach in William & Mary history on May 7, 2013. Prior to joining the Tribe, Swanson spent 23 years as the head coach at Sacred Heart and holds an all-time career record of 409-273 (.600).
· Swanson has never faced Delaware.