Delaware Hosts Drexel Sunday in Rematch of 2012 and 2013 CAA Championship Contests
Delaware (11-4, 3-1 CAA) vs. Drexel (7-8, 2-0 CAA)
DATE: Sunday, January 19,, 2014
TIME: 2 p.m.
LOCATION: Bob Carpenter Center - Newark, Del.
50+ SOCIAL FUN AT THE BOB
All Blue Hens 50 years of age or older are invited to walk the BOB concourse during pregame (12:30 p.m. to 2 p.m.), receive a blue BINGO card upon entry in the main lobby to play throughout the basketball game for the chance to win prizes (1 card per person, must be at least 50 years of age or older to participate) and show your license at the concessions stand to enjoy $1 fresh baked pretzels.
The women's basketball team will be available for autographs in the MAIN LOBBY following the game.
All Delaware home games are available, for free, via Hens All-Access at www.BlueHens.com.
All Delaware women’s basketball games this season can be heard on the radio at 1290 The Ticket or 1410 WDOV. Matt Janus has the call for the Hens while Christine Motta serves as a color analyst. Fans can also hear the broadcast online at http://www.iheart.com/live/1290-The-Ticket-473/ and on smart devices via the iHeart app.
Live stats will be available via www.BlueHens.com.
· Sunday's game is a rematch of the 2012 and 2013 CAA Championship games in which the Blue Hens came out victorious both times over the Dragons.
· Delaware is 200-79 (.717) all-time at the Bob coming into tonight's game.
· UD has won 21 straight CAA games at the Bob.
· For more game notes, please click here.
· Delaware leads the all-time series between the two teams, 47-23, and has won seven straight and eight of the last nine meetings.
· Last season, the Hens went 3-0 against Drexel, including a 59-56 win in the CAA Championship.
· UD is 19-10 against Drexel in Newark. The last Dragons win at the Bob came on Jan. 17, 2010 with a 70-67 double overtime victory.
· UD head coach Tina Martin is in her 18th season with Delaware and currently holds a 352-185 (.655) all-time record.
· Martin is 18-7 all-time against UNCW.
· Martin has garnered three conference Coach of the Year awards and led the Hens to 10 post-season appearances.
· Denise Dillon is in her 11th season as the head coach at Drexel and is 186-143 (.565) during her tenure with the Dragons.
· Dillon is 7-16 all-time against UD.