Delaware Concludes Regular Season Action at Northeastern Sunday
Delaware (18-8, 10-5 CAA) at Northeastern (11-13, 6-7 CAA)
DATE: Sunday, March 1, 2014
TIME: 1 p.m.
LOCATION: Cabot Center - Boston, Mass.
All Delaware women’s basketball games this season can be heard on the radio at 1290 The Ticket or 1410 WDOV. Matt Janus has the call for the Hens while Christine Motta serves as a color analyst. Fans can also hear the broadcast online at http://www.iheart.com/live/1290-The-Ticket-473/ and on smart devices via the iHeart app.
Live stats will be available via www.GoNU.com.
· Delaware looks to clinch the second seed in the CAA standings with its regular season finale at Northeastern. With a win, the Hens would finish CAA play with an 11-5 record, while neither the College of Charleston nor Drexel can finish the seasonw ith more than 10 league victories.
· The Blue Hens snapped a two-game losing streak with a 55-50 victory at Hofstra Thursday.
· Northeastern has lost two of its last three, including a 50-67 loss at William & Mary Thursday.
· For more game notes, please click here.
· Delaware holds the all-time series advantage of 31-10 over Northeastern.
· The Hens have won 24 straight over the Huskies, including a 74-65 victory at the Bob Carpenter Center on Jan. 30.
· UD head coach Tina Martin is in her 18th season with Delaware and currently holds a 359-189 (.655) all-time record.
· Martin is 24-3 all-time against Northeastern.
· Martin has garnered three conference Coach of the Year awards and led the Hens to 10 post-season appearances.
· Daynia La-Force, the 2013 CAA Coach of the Year, is in her eighth season with the Huskies. She holds an all-time career record of 111-158 (.413) in her nine seasons as a head coach (NU and New Haven) and is 87-151 (.366) at NU.
· La-Force has never beaten Delaware and is 0-16 all-time against the Blue Hens.