Blue Hens Women's Basketball Staff Accepts #Chillin4Charity Cold Water Challenge
NEWARK, Del. -- University of Delaware women's basketball head coach Tina Martin and her staff, in addition to sophomore Erika Brown (Haledon, N.J./Paterson Kennedy HS) and redshirt junior Joy Caracciolo (Manassas, Va./Stonewall Jackson HS), accepted and completed the #Chillin4Charity Cold Water Challenge Thursday in support of the Kay Yow Foundation.
Martin was joined by associate head coach Jeanine Radice, assistant coaches Tiara Malcom and Tom Lochner and director of basketball operations Allison Daly in the challenge. Each also "called out" their peers across the nation.
The Cold Water Challenge originated in mid-June in an effort to raise money and awareness for the Kay Yow Foundation by University of Arizona women's basketball head coach Niya Butts.
The premise of the challenge was to be soaked by an ice cold bucket of water for all to see or donate to the Foundation. In turn, those taking the "baths" challenged their peers to do the same.
The rules of the challenge are listed below. All parties "called out" have 48 hours to answer the challenege.
- Any coach that doesn’t answer the challenge, owes the Kay Yow Foundation $250
- For each coach that answers the challenge, the original challenger owes the Kay Yow Foundation $50
- Any coach that does not answer the challenge will owe the Kay Yow Foundation $100
- For each coach that answers the challenge, the original challenger will owe the Kay Yow Foundation $25
- Any player that does not answer the challenge will owe five hours of community service
- For each player that does answer the challenge, the original challenger will owe two hours of community service