Blue Hens Wrap Up Brief Homestand Tonight Against Monmouth
NEWARK, Del. – The University of Delaware women's basketball team wraps up a brief three-game homestand this evening as the Blue Hens host Monmouth at 7 p.m. at the Bob Carpenter Center.
Tonight marks the last home game for the Hens until Monday, December 30, when Delaware welcomes St. John's to the Bob.
Tonight’s game will be streamed online for free via Hens All-Access on www.BlueHens.com.
All Delaware women’s basketball games this season can be heard on the radio at 1290 The Ticket or 1410 WDOV. Matt Janus has the call for the Hens while Christine Motta serves as a color analyst. Fans can also hear the broadcast online at http://www.iheart.com/live/1290-The-Ticket-473/ and on smart devices via the iHeart app.
Live stats for tonight’s game will be available via www.BlueHens.com.
Tickets are available via www.BlueHens.com, by calling 302-831-2257 and at the Bob Carpenter Center ticket office. Delaware students are always free with a valid UD ID.
· Delaware is 197-78 (.716) all-time at the Bob Carpenter Center.
· Kelsey Buchanan was named the CAA Co-Player of the Week.
· For more game notes, please click here.
· Delaware leads the all-time series between the two teams, 6-1.
· Monmouth won the first matchup, 51-50, in 1972, but UD has since won six straight meetings.
· UD is 2-0 all-time on its home court against the Hawks.
· Last season, the Hens picked up a 82-53 victory over MU.
· UD head coach Tina Martin is in her 18th season with Delaware and currently holds a 343-182 (.653) all-time record.
· Martin is 3-0 against the Hawks.
· Martin has garnered three conference Coach of the Year awards and led the Hens to 10 post-season appearances.
· Monmouth head coach Jenny Palmateer is in her third season with the Hawks and is 34-30 (.531) all-time with MU. She is 0-1 all-time against Delaware.