Delaware Opens Six-Game Road Trip at Rider Sunday
LAWRENCEVILLE, N.J. – Former East Coast Conference rivals, the University of Delaware women's basketball team will match up against Rider University Sunday at 2 p.m. at RU's Alumni Gymnaisum for the first meeting between the two teams since 1991.
The game also marks the first of six over the next month on the road for the Blue Hens (3-1).
Sunday's game will be streamed online for a fee via BroncVision on www.GoBroncs.com.
All Delaware women’s basketball games this season can be heard on the radio at 1290 The Ticket or 1410 WDOV. Matt Janus has the call for the Hens while Christine Motta serves as a color analyst. Fans can also hear the broadcast online at http://www.iheart.com/live/1290-The-Ticket-473/ and on smart devices via the iHeart app.
· Delaware is 1-0 on the road this year.
· Sunday's game marks the first of six straight road games for the Blue Hens while Rider plays in its third consecutive home game.
· Delaware has won two games in a row.
· For more game notes, please click here.
· The Blue Hens lead the all-time series between the two teams, 14-5
· Former East Coast Conference foes, Delaware and Rider have not met since the 1990-91 season.
· UD is 6-2 against Rider all-time in Lawrenceville.
· In the last meeting, the Broncs defeated the Hens, 69-64, at the Delaware Field House on Feb. 9, 1991.
· UD head coach Tina Martin is in her 18th season with Delaware and currently holds a 344-182 (.654) all-time record.
· Martin has never faced Rider.
· Martin has garnered three conference Coach of the Year awards and led the Hens to 10 post-season appearances.
· Lynn Milligan is in her seventh season as the head coach with the Broncs and 54-130 (.293) all-time.
· Milligan has also never faced Delaware as a head coach; however, as a player, the former Lynn Donovan's (1989-92) Broncs were 1-3 all-time against the Blue Hens.