Delaware Looks to Stop Losing Skid; Hosts Northeastern Thursday
Delaware (11-6, 3-3 CAA) vs. Northeastern (7-11, 1-4 CAA)
DATE: Thursday, January 30, 2014
TIME: 7 p.m.
LOCATION: Bob Carpenter Center - Newark, Del.
Thursday's game will be broacast regionally on television via CAA-TV, CSN-MA (TD), CSN-P and CSN-NE with Scott Klatzkin and Pam Roecker as the announcers. The game will also be streamed online via CAA.TV.
All Delaware women’s basketball games this season can be heard on the radio at 1290 The Ticket or 1410 WDOV. Matt Janus has the call for the Hens while Christine Motta serves as a color analyst. Fans can also hear the broadcast online at http://www.iheart.com/live/1290-The-Ticket-473/ and on smart devices via the iHeart app.
Live stats will be available via www.BlueHens.com.
· Delaware looks to bounce back from a heartbreaking 68-66 loss at College of Charleston Sunday.
· UD has lost two straight and three of its last four games.
· Northeastern has lost four consecutive and seven of its last eight.
· For more game notes, please click here.
· Thursday's game is the 41st in the all-time series between the two teams dating to the 1983-84 season.
· Delaware leads Northeastern all-time, 30-10 and have won 23 straight over the Huskies.
· Northeastern's last win against Delaware came with a 90-67 victory on Jan. 9, 1999 in Boston.
· UD head coach Tina Martin is in her 18th season with Delaware and currently holds a 352-187 (.653) all-time record.
· Martin is 23-3 against Northeastern during her tenure.
· Martin has garnered three conference Coach of the Year awards and led the Hens to 10 post-season appearances.
· Daynia La-Force, the 2013 CAA Coach of the Year, is in her eighth season with the Huskies. She holds an all-time career record of 107-154 in her nine seasons at Northeastern and New Haven and is 83-147 with the Huskies.
· La-Force has never beaten Delaware and is 0-15 all-time against the Hens.