BINGHAMTON, N.Y. --  Victories for the University of Delaware men’s lacrosse squad don’t come any more exciting than Saturday’s thrilling 10-9 victory over Binghamton.

Junior Brian Kormondy scored the game-winner with one second left to lead the Blue Hens (5-2) to their fourth straight victory, the longest by a Delaware team since the 2010 NCAA Tournament season. Binghamton, which fell to 2-3, had tied the score at 9-9 with 3:18 left before the Hens came back for the victory.

Kormondy was the hero for the second time this week after he scored a career-high three goals in Delaware’s 9-6 win over Lafayette on Tuesday. On Saturday, Kormondy struck right after a Delaware timeout to make a winner of the Blue Hens. He took the ball up top, made a move and scored past Binghamton goalkeeper Max Schefler, who got a piece of the ball but couldn’t keep it out of the cage.

Kormondy led a balanced effort for the Hens as he finished with two goals and an assist and was one of three multiple-goal scorers. Freshman Logan Aunon scored two goals - the third straight game he has tallied two or more goals - Jeff Heath added two goals, and Alex Martinelli dished out two assists.

The win had added significance for Delaware head coach Bob Shillinglaw, who coached the 600th game of his career, becoming the first person in the history of collegiate men’s lacrosse to reach that milestone. He now has won 315 career games, including 291 at the helm of the Blue Hens.

“This was an outstanding win for us,” said Shillinglaw. “The fact that we went up early and then had to grind it out says a lot about this team. When things got tight, we made plays at the end and came up with the win. Now the real season begins next week (when Delaware opens Colonial Athletic Association play at Hofstra).”

The Bearcats, who had knocked off the Hens 9-8 last year in Newark, got two goals and two assists each from Michael Antinozzi and Matt Springer while J.T. Hauck and Tucker Nelson each scored twice and Paul O’Donnell had a goal and an assist.

Delaware jumped out to a 3-0 lead in the first quarter on goals by Chris Colaneri, Aunon, and Heath and led the entire way until the Bearcats tied it up twice in the final stanza.

The Hens tallied five times in the opening stanza  - getting goals from five different players - to go up 5-2 and went into the break leading 5-3. The Hens then built the lead to 7-3 on early second half goals from Heath and Tom Holland before a 4-1 Binghamton flurry narrowed the gap to 8-7 heading into the final quarter.

Binghamton tied the game at 8-8 when O’Donnell scored just 61 seconds into the stanza, but the Hens came right to take the lead just 47 seconds later on a goal by Kormondy. Neither team scored again until the Bearcats tied things at 9-9 on a goal by Antinozzi with 3:18 remaining.

Both teams turned the ball over in the following minutes with the Hens getting possession with 10 seconds left when Jackson Finigan forced a turnover by Binghamton’s Emmett O’Hara. Delaware then cleared the ball and called a timeout with five seconds left, setting the stage for Kormondy’s heroics.

Delaware will return to action next Saturday when the Hens open CAA action at Hofstra at 3 p.m.