Women’s Lacrosse Looks to Continue Winning Ways at Delaware Stadium Saturday Against Villanova
Delaware (2-3, 0-0 CAA) vs. Villanova (3-1, 0-0 BIG EAST)
DATE: Saturday, March 7, 2014
TIME: 1 p.m.
LOCATION: Delaware Stadium - Newark, Del.
Live stats for Wednesday's game will be available via www.BlueHens.com.
All Delaware women's lacrosse home games will be live streamed, for free, via Hens All-Access at www.BlueHens.com.
The Blue Hens are proud to welcome back nearly 20 former standouts that have helped build and secure the strong tradition of Delaware women’s lacrosse as a part of Saturday’s third annual Lacrosse Alumni Icebreaker. Those in attendance will be recognized during halftime.
Follow Delaware women's lacrosse online at facebook.com/DelawareWomensLacrosse and on Twitter at @DelawareWLax.
· The Blue Hens are coming off of a record-setting 18-7 victory against La Salle on Wednesday at Delaware Stadium. Sophomore Casey Lyons collected a season-best seven points on five goals and two assists as the Blue Hens exploded for a stadium record 12 second half goals.
· Dating to last season, Delaware has won five straight games at home.
· The Blue Hens are 21-24 (.467) all-time at Delaware Stadium.
· Junior Caitlin McCartney has tallied at least one point in 34 consecutive games.
· Senior Chelsea Fay has scored at least one goal in 31 straight contests and now has 95 career goals.
· Lyons leads the team with 15 points on 10 goals and five assists while McCartney guides Delaware with 13 points on a team-best 12 goals. Fay has also posted 13 points on 10 goals and three assists.
· McCartney also leads the Hens with 11 groundballs and 12 draw controls.
· Junior Alex Zaugra and senior Tori Zorovich have split time between the pipes this season. Zaugra has tallied 22 saves with a 10.48 goals allowed average in 189 minutes while Zorovich holds a 9.72 goals against average with 11 saves in 111 minutes of action.
· Delaware has never lost to Villanova and is 5-0 against the Wildcats all-time dating to the first meeting in 1994.
· In the team’s last meeting, UD defeated VU, 11-7, at Delaware Stadium on Feb. 22, 2012.
· The Hens are 4-0 over the Wildcats in Newark.
· Delaware has defeated Villanova by a combined score of 83-31 in the five matchups.
· Delaware head coach Kateri Linville is in her fourth season with her alma mater and currently holds a career record of 25-30.
· Villanova is lead by third-year head coach Julie Young. Young is 13-23 during her tenure with the Wildcats and holds a career record of 43-41 as she previously spent three seasons at Haverford College.
Villanova is off to its best start since the 2011 season with a 3-1 record and most recently defeated Drexel, 9-5, Wednesday afternoon. Junior Jessica Mucci leads the Wildcats in points (three goals, 10 assists) and assists through four games while sophomore Kelsey Denihan leads the way with 10 goals. Junior Hannah Goforth has posted a team best 11 groundballs while sophomore Chelsey Henderson has seven draw controls. Despite not playing last season, sophomore Jaclyn Fraum has guided Villanova in the cage with a 5.18 goals allowed average and 21 saves in 197 minutes played.