Hens to Honor Seniors Wednesday Evening Before Matchup Against Monmouth at Delaware Stadium
Delaware (5-3, 0-0 CAA) vs. Monmouth (1-4, 0-0 MAAC)
DATE: Wednesday, March 18, 2014
TIME: 6 p.m.
LOCATION: Delaware Stadium - Newark, Del.
The Blue Hens will honor and recognize the following eight seniors on their squad during pre-game and halftime ceremonies: Shannon Burns (Springfield, Pa.), Chelsea Fay (West Chester, Pa.), Alex Alois (Andover, Mass.), Rachel Dooley (Garden City, N.Y.), Tori Zorovich (Massapequa, N.Y.), Kelsey Dlugos (Commack, N.Y.), Abbie Hartman (Hatfield, Pa.) and senior student athletic trainer Kim Richardson.
Live stats for Wednesday’s game will be available via www.BlueHens.com.
All Delaware women's lacrosse home games will be live streamed, for free, via Hens All-Access at www.BlueHens.com.
Follow Delaware women's lacrosse online at facebook.com/DelawareWomensLacrosse and on Twitter at @DelawareWLax.
· Delaware has won four straight games overall and seven consecutive at Delaware Stadium, dating to last season.
· UD has outscored its last four opponents, 62-27.
· The Blue Hens are 23-24 (.489) all-time at Delaware Stadium.
· Sophomore Casey Lyons was named the CAA Offensive Player of the Week for the second straight week while senior Tori Zorovich earned CAA Defensive Player of the Week accolades Monday.
· Lyons has tallied a total of 25 points over the past four games and has recorded at least five points in four straight games, a feat that has not been accomplished when Karen Emas posted at least seven points in five straight games for the 1983 National Champion Blue Hens.
· Zorovich is 4-0 on the season with 32 saves and 7.88 goals allowed per game.
· Senior Chelsea Fay has scored at least one goal in 34 straight contests and joined the 100 Goal Club Saturday at Temple.
· Junior Caitlin McCartney has registered at least one point in 37 consecutive games.
· Delaware holds the all-time series advantage against Monmouth, 1-0, with the lone win coming in the first-ever matchup between the teams last season.
· The Blue Hens defeated the Hawks, 14-6, in West Long Branch, N.J. on Feb. 22, 2013.
· Delaware head coach Kateri Linville is in her fourth season with her alma mater and currently holds a career record of 28-30.
· Former Blue Hens head coach Denise Wescott (1993-2004) is in her fifth season with Monmouth and holds a record of 42-43 with the Hawks. Wescott is in her 24th all-time season overall and is 199-191 as a head coach.
The Hawks are 1-4 on the season with their lone victory coming in a 13-4 win against Wagner at home. In its most recent outing, Monmouth fell to No. 17 Towson, 13-5, this past Saturday. MU, which enters its first season as a member of the MAAC this year, comes off of back-to-back NCAA Tournament appearances after winning the NEC crown in each of its final two seasons in the conference. Senior Stephanie Anderson and junior Allison Stathius lead the Hawks with seven points apiece. Preseason All-MAAC selection Katie Donohoe has collected a team-best 13 groundballs on the season while sophomore Marial Pierce has controlled 12 draws. Donohoe is Monmouth’s primary goalie, tallying 283 minutes in the cage with 49 saves and a 9.98 goals allowed average.