Blue Hens Continue Early Season Schedule at Rutgers Saturday
Delaware (1-2, 0-0 CAA) at Rutgers (2-1, 0-0 BIG EAST)
DATE: Saturday, March 1, 2014
TIME: 1 p.m.
LOCATION: RU Turf Field - Piscataway, N.J.
Live stats for Saturday’s game will be available via www.BlueHens.com and www.ScarletKnights.com.
Saturday's game will not be streamed online.
Follow Delaware women's lacrosse online at facebook.com/DelawareWomensLacrosse and on Twitter at @DelawareWLax.
· The Blue Hens are 1-2 on the year, with their lone win coming with an 11-6 victory over Lafayette on Feb. 19 at Delaware Stadium.
· Both of Delaware’s losses were against ranked teams (No. 10 Georgetown/No. 16 Penn) on the road.
· Junior Caitlin McCartney has tallied at least one point in 32 consecutive games.
· Senior Chelsea Fay has scored at least one goal in 29 straight contests.
· Freshman Shelby Wells collected her first career goal against the Quakers last Saturday.
· Sophomore Kara Dattellas leads the Blue Hens with eight points on six goals and two assists so far this season.
· Fay, Dattellas and McCartney have all posted six goals in 2014.
· McCartney also leads the team with eight draw controls.
· Sophomore transfer Casey Lyons guides Delaware with three assists.
· Senior Alex Alois and sophomore Lizzie Duffey have each collected six groundballs.
· Duffey has caused eight opponent turnovers.
· Alex Zaugra has started all three games for the Hens while playing 126 total minutes. The junior has tallied 18 saves at a clip of .450 while posting a 10.49 goals against average.
· Delaware leads the all-time series between the two programs, 14-10, dating to the 1978 season.
· The Scarlet Knights have won four straight and six of the last seven against the Blue Hens.
· UD last defeated RU, 7-6, on Feb. 28, 2008 in Newark.
· The last Delaware road win against Rutgers came on March 5, 2005 with a 12-9 victory.
· Delaware head coach Kateri Linville is in her fourth season with her alma mater and currently holds a career record of 24-29.
· Laura Brand-Sias is in her 12th year at the helm of the RU program. The 1999 Rutgers alumna is 98-63 all-time with the Scarlet Knights while posting an overall career mark of 108-90, which includes one season at Fairfield University.
The Scarlet Knights are 2-1 on the year following wins over Manhattan and Fairfield. Most recently, Rutgers fell, 11-4, to No. 19 Princeton on Wednesday evening. RU returns 22 letterwinners from a year ago, which includes over 80 percent of its scoring and the core of a defense that ranked sixth nationally in scoring defense. The Scarlet Knights were picked to finish fourth overall in the BIG EAST in the preseason poll. Megan Clements, a 2014 Preseason All-BIG EAST selection, leads Rutgers with five points off of three goals and two assists. Katrina Martinelli, a 2013 All-BIG EAST second team selection, and Kim Kolodny each have posted three goals this season. Redshirt freshman goalkeeper Amanda Currell has collected 122 minutes in the cage this season, allowing just 4.93 goals per game with 19 saves. Currell was named the BIG EAST Conference Defensive Player of the Week this past Monday.