UD Hosts Drexel Friday With Goal of First CAA Win This Season
Delaware (7-4, 0-1 CAA) vs. Drexel (4-6, 0-0 CAA)
DATE: Friday, April 4, 2014
TIME: 5 p.m.
LOCATION: Delaware Stadium - Newark, Del.
Live stats for Friday’s matchup between the Blue Hens and Dragons will be available via www.BlueHens.com.
All Delaware women's lacrosse home games are live streamed, for free, via Hens All-Access at www.BlueHens.com.
Follow Delaware women's lacrosse online at facebook.com/DelawareWomensLacrosse and on Twitter at @DelawareWLax.
· Delaware had won six straight before falling to No. 19 Towson in overtime last Sunday.
· UD has scored at least 10 goals in each of the last seven games.
· Dating to last season, the Blue Hens have tallied eight consecutive wins at Delaware Stadium.
· The Hens are 24-24 (.500) all-time at Delaware Stadium.
· Sophomore Lizzie Duffey’s twin sister, Emily, is a midfielder for the Dragons.
· Junior Caitlin McCartney has tallied at least one point in 40 consecutive games.
· Senior Chelsea Fay has scored at least one goal in 37 straight contests.
· In her first season at Delaware, sophomore Casey Lyons leads the team with 41 points on a team-best 15 assists and 26 goals.
· Tori Zorovich is making a statement in her senior season, as she is 6-1 with 8.08 goals allowed per game and 52 total saves in 475 minutes played.
· Since the first meeting in 1986, Delaware holds the all-time series advantage over Drexel at 22-7.
· UD is 11-3 against Drexel in Newark, but have not defeated the Dragons at Delaware Stadium.
· The Dragons won three straight over the Blue Hens.
· Last season, Delaware fell to Drexel, 11-6, in Philadelphia.
· Delaware head coach Kateri Linville is in her fourth season with her alma mater and currently holds a career record of 30-31.
· Hannah Rudloff was named the head women’s lacrosse coach at Drexel last July after spending three seasons as an assistant coach with the Dragons.
The Dragons will attempt to snap a three-game losing skid Friday in their CAA opener. Drexel has played just twice in a 19-day span and most recently lost, 21-8, to No. 11 Penn State on March 26. Kelly Palace leads the team with 23 points on 21 goals and two assists while Joelle Hartke paces the Dragons with 13 goals and eight assists for a total of 21 points. Milan White has posted 32 draw controls for Drexel while Amanda Norcini guides the Dragons with 29 groundballs, 26 caused turnovers and 22 draw controls. Teresha Bradley has started all 10 of Drexel’s games, allowing 11.51 goals per game with a save percentage of 36.4 in 537 minutes played in the cage.