The Next Membership Meeting is Thursday, Nov 6th
General Membership meetings are held in Room 209, Smith Hall at 7:30pm. Dates are listed below.
- October 9th
- November 6th
- December 1st
Both beginners and competitive racers are welcome to join! We will teach beginners the basics of sailing, racing rules and on-the-water etiquette. Experienced racers can compete in many MAISA (Mid Atlantic Intercollegiate Sailing Association) regattas up and down the eastern sea-board. With a fleet of Flying Juniors, Club 420s, a Laser, a Hobie Cat, and an O'Day, we have the boat you need.
- We require that members attend at least one practice between Monday and Thursday
- Race captains will choose members to compete in regattas based on practice attendance, availability, and experience
- No equipment is necessary, although it is encouraged to bring a bathing suit, towel and a change of clothes
- All members will have to pass a swim test of 5 minutes treading water with shoes on, as well as swimming a distance of 50 meters.
- We practice every day, Monday-Friday, weather permitting. We meet at 3:15pm at the Library Parking Lot to carpool to the North East River Yacht Club in North East, MD. We return to campus by 7pm.
NEWS: UDaily Story. The team hosted and won their own regatta, the McCurdy Memorial Regatta at their home site, the NorthEast River Yacht Club. They hosted 6 other teams from their MAISA conference, including Princeton, Ocean County College, Drexel, University of Maryland, University of Maryland Baltimore County, and Rutgers. The results of the regatta can be found on Techscore.