WEST POINT, N.Y. -- All five Blue Hens starters scored in double figures as the University of Delaware men’s basketball team won its second game in three days with an 89-74 triumph over Army Tuesday night at Christl Arena.

Delaware, which improved to 2-2 on the year, had yet another impressive offensive outing as the Blue Hens narrowly missed reaching the 90-point mark for the third consecutive contest. UD shot 47.3 percent from the floor, knocked down seven three-pointers, and held a 44-35 rebounding advantage in the all-around effort.

Army, which dropped to 1-3 on the campaign, shot a respectable 45.3 percent but was hampered by a 2 of 21 performance from behind the arc.

Blue Hen junior point guard Jarvis Threatt again led the way for Delaware with 21 points, while he dished out a career-high eight assists for the second straight game to go with six rebounds and four steals. Davon Usher added 16 points and eight boards, while Kyle Anderson had another strong outing with 16 points and a season-high seven rebounds.

The Delaware post players were also extremely effective, as Carl Baptiste contributed 14 points and eight rebounds, while sophomore Marvin King-Davis set his career-bests by recording 13 points and nine rebounds while blocking three shots.

Kyle Wilson, Kevin Ferguson and Dylan Cox all scored 14 points to lead Army, with Ferguson grabbing a game-high 11 rebounds to record the double-double.

Delaware trailed 6-2 early but quickly erupted for a 15-4 run, capped with a three-pointer by Threatt that made it 17-10, and led the rest of the way. Two and a half minutes later consecutive three-pointers by Anderson and Devonne Pinkard made it a 23-13 game at the 8:58 mark, while the Blue Hen lead grew to as much as 29-17 on a Threatt dunk.

The Black Knights closed to within six late in the half, before Threatt followed his own miss in the final seconds as Delaware took a 38-30 lead into the break.

Although both teams started the second half strong, the Blue Hens scored on their first six possessions of the period and used a quick 7-0 run to extend the margin to 51-37 with 16:43 left and force an Army timeout.

UD’s lead grew to 17 following an Usher free throw and a Baptiste jumper while an emphatic King-Davis dunk, a Threatt layup and an Anderson triple increased the margin to 63-40 with 12:21 to go.

The advantage grew to 74-48 at the 9:14 mark on an Anderson baseline jumper, and the Blue Hens went back up 26 at 78-52 on a Cazmon Hayes bucket with seven and a half minutes to play.

“No lead is safe with an Army team that shoots so many three-pointers, so we needed to do the necessary things to pull away, like playing solid defense and rebounding the basketball, and we did those things well tonight,” said eighth-year Delaware head coach Monté Ross. “Our scoring balance can really be attributed to Jarvis, for the second straight game he really controlled the tempo and got everybody involved. Marvin and Carl hit some big shots for us tonight, and anytime you can get that production from your big guys, that just opens things up for the guards.”

 Game Notes:
• Delaware improved to 2-13 all-time vs. Army and notched its first victory in West Point
• The game was UD’s first visit to West Point since Dec. 5, 1983
• Baptiste reached double figures for the third straight game
• Threatt surpassed the 20-point mark for the second consecutive game
• The Blue Hens grabbed 20 offensive rebounds on the night