Blue Hens Put Perfect CAA Record On the Line Wednesday at William & Mary
Delaware (14-7, 6-0 CAA) at William & Mary (12-7, 4-2 CAA)
Date: Wednesday, January 29, 2014
Time: 7 p.m.
Location: Kaplan Arena - Williamsburg, Va.
Live Stats: www.tribeathletics.com
Radio: WDSD 94.7 FM (Scott Klatzkin, Bill Harman)
Twitter Updates: twitter.com/udbluehens
All-Time Series: Delaware leads, 20-8
Delaware: Monté Ross (Winston-Salem State ‘92), eighth season overall and at Delaware, 104-138
William & Mary: Tony Shaver (North Carolina '76), 11th season at William & Mary, 128-196; 27th season overall, 486-317
• Delaware takes on William & Mary looking for its ninth consecutive victory and its fourth straight CAA road win.
• The Blue Hens lead the all-time series with the Tribe, 20-8, and have won the last five meetings between the schools. Delaware has taken nine of the 13 matchups in Williamsburg, including a 75-64 victory during its last visit on Jan. 7, 2012.
• A win on Wednesday would give the Blue Hens a perfect 9-0 record in January, and would be the fourth perfect January in school history including the first since 1966-67.
• A victory would also give UD a 7-0 start in league play, which would be the second best start in school history behind only the 1991-92 squad which went a perfect 14-0 in the North Atlantic Conference.
• A win over the Tribe would be the Blue Hens’ ninth straight, which would tie for the fourth longest winning streak in school history.
• The Blue Hens enter Wednesday’s game having won 14 of their last 16 CAA road games, including seven straight dating back to last season.
• Devon Saddler was named the CAA Co-Player of the Week on Monday after leading the Blue Hens with 23 points against Drexel and Towson.
• Saddler has tied the school record by surpassing the 20-point mark in seven consecutive games. He has scored 1,976 career points and needs 24 tonight to reach 2,000 for his career. He is 55 away from Mike Pegues’ school record of 2,030 points.