Blue Hens Look For First Conference Win Saturday vs. CAA Favorite UNCW
Delaware (7-9, 0-3 CAA) vs. UNCW (14-2, 3-0 CAA)
Date: Saturday, January 7, 2017
Time: 7 p.m.
Location: Bob Carpenter Center - Newark, Del.
Video: Hens All-Access
Radio: WDSD 94.7 FM (Scott Klatzkin, Bill Harman)
Live Stats: www.BlueHenStats.com
Twitter Updates: twitter.com/DelawareMBB
All-Time Series: UNCW leads, 19-11
Delaware: Martin Ingelsby (Notre Dame '01), first season overall and at Delaware, 7-9
UNCW: Kevin Keatts (Marshall ‘11), third season overall and at UNCW, 57-24
• Delaware closes out a five-game, 11-day stretch against CAA preseason favorite UNCW at the Bob Carpenter Center.
• The Blue Hens have dropped three straight games for the first time this season.
• Delaware has opened CAA play with three consecutive losses for the third straight year.
• The Blue Hens won their first five home games this season, before falling to Hofstra last Saturday and to Charleston on Monday.
• Delaware suffered a 90-54 loss at Northeastern on Thursday, surrendering its highest point total of the season. The Huskies shot 60.8% from the floor, the highest percentage by a UD opponent since George Mason shot 63.3% on Jan. 31, 2007.
• Northeastern hit 21 three-pointers, the most by a Blue Hen opponent in school history. The previous record was 16, set four times.
• Cazmon Hayes led the Blue Hens with 13 points in the loss to the Huskies, while Skye Johnson added 12.
• UNCW leads the all-time series with Delaware, 19-11, and swept both meetings a year ago. Delaware is 8-5 against the Seahawks in the Bob Carpenter Center, and had won seven straight at home prior to an 85-67 UNCW victory in Newark last year.
• The Seahawks currently lead the CAA and rank 13th in the nation by averaging 86.6 points per game, while Delaware is last in the CAA and 332nd in the nation with a 63.2 scoring average.