NEWARK, Del. – The University of Delaware women’s basketball team will open the home portion of their season Tuesday at 7 p.m. against Temple.
Tonight’s game will be streamed online for free via Hens All-Access on www.BlueHens.com.
All Delaware women’s basketball games this season can be heard on the radio at 1290 The Ticket or 1410 WDOV. Matt Janus has the call for the Hens while Christine Motta serves as a color analyst. Fans can also hear the broadcast online at http://www.iheart.com/live/1290-The-Ticket-473/ and on smart devices via the iHeart app.
Live stats for tonight’s game will be available via www.BlueHens.com.
Tickets are available via www.BlueHens.com, by calling 302-831-2257 and at the Bob Carpenter Center ticket office. Delaware students are always free with a valid UD ID.
The 2013-14 women’s basketball schedule poster will be distributed postgame as an exit giveaway as fans leave the Bob.
Follow the Blue Hens online at facebook.com/DelawareWomensBasketball. Head Coach Tina Martin can be followed on Twitter at @UDCoachMartin while in-game updates will be posted at @UDBlueHens.
· Delaware is 19-2 all-time in home openers at the Bob Carpenter Center.
· Sophomore Courtni Green posted a career day at Rhode Island with highs of 15 points and 13 rebounds for her first career double double.
· Freshman Shanice Johnson was named the CAA Rookie of the Week.
· For more game notes, please click here.
· The two teams are knotted up at 10-10 in the all-time series.
· UD is 6-2 against TU in Newark.
· The Owls have won two straight over the Blue Hens.
· Delaware and Temple first met during the 1971-72 season, with UD traveling to Philadelphia and returning with a 54-37 win.
· The last meeting came on December 2, 1996 with the Owls picking up a 60-46 win at McGonigle Hall.
· The last matchup at the Bob Carpenter Center came on December 5, 1992 as Delaware defeated Temple, 74-53.
· UD head coach Tina Martin is in her 18th season with Delaware and currently holds a 342-181 (.654) all-time record.
· Martin is 0-1 against the Owls, with her lone game coming in her first-ever season as a head coach (1996-97).
· Martin has garnered three conference Coach of the Year awards and led the Hens to 10 post-season appearances.
· Temple head coach Tonya Cardoza is in her sixth season with the Owls. She is 108-57 (.655) all-time.